“Very Good French Dip”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Close to our office and my colleague is a frequent customer. This is only my 2nd or 3rd time here. A local family type restaurant with a very large selection of food. My French Dip with fries was very good. We took advantage of the warm weather and ate outside. Very friendly and attentive service. Lots of free on-site parking. I’ll be back!

Deepak K, Owner at Ashland Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for the fabulous feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoy your visits with us. We're delighted our selections are just to your liking and you enjoy our french dip with fries. We're pleased to know our team members provided you with great service. We'll see you next time. Enjoy your week!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

When it comes to breakfast, it is one of my husband's absolute favorites. You can walk in, order and be out in under 10 minutes. It's amazing and crazy cheap! It is generally bustling in there. The outdoor patio is very nice and much more relaxing than you would think with York Road being right there. Then, there is the "banquet/bar" area. Nothing fancy but good food, cheap beer and again a relaxing atmosphere. My favorite area is by far the outdoor patio. Very relaxing.

Thank you for the marvelous feedback. We are so happy to hear that you enjoy your visits with us so much. We are thrilled to hear your husband loves our breakfast and everything is to your liking. We're delighted you enjoy our atmosphere and our team members provide you with great service. We'll see you next time. Take care!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I've only eaten breakfast and lunch here, but have never been let down. The breakfast menu is kind of like IHOP, but the atmosphere and service are definitely more traditional and friendly, with a real Mom and Pop feel. Plus, they're already open at 6:30 AM when we get there, so they are definitely ready for us. Of the few times I've eaten lunch there, I've always had the same problem, that is, I eat too much. Excellent, friendly wait staff, even when they're busy, which is always. I'll have to go for dinner one night, I'm sure it will be worth the drive.

Management response:Responded 11 September 2017

Vic,
Thank you for the kind words. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoy both your breakfast and lunch visits here with us at Ashland Cafe. We are so happy that our atmosphere is pleasing and our team members provided you with fantastic service. We can't wait to see you next time. Enjoy your week!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Usually go here for breakfast of lunch. They have a very complete breakfast Menu with excellent pancakes , good service and reasonable prices. For lunch they have a good selection of sandwiches, salads, wraps. etc.
I tried it for dinner and it was just OK. The service was still very good and the prices reasonable but the food was just average. They offer a complete menu with Greek specialties, Pasta's, salads, Seafood and Meats.
I had the turkey platter with stuffing. The turkey was just OK and the stuffing tasted like it was made 3 days earlier and had no taste. My wife had the spinach pie which is
spinach, feta and onion in a filo dough which looked dried out and it was.
The desserts looked terrific but we just left after eating.

Management response:Responded 11 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate the positive feedback. We’re happy to hear you enjoy our breakfast menus and the pancakes and service are great. However, we are sorry to see that you were not completely satisfied with your entire visit with us. We would like to address this further. We would appreciate it if you could please reach out to us at Ashlandcafe@gmail.com,we would like to talk about this more. Thank you again. Take care!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Busy place at 10 am Saturday. Service was not super fast because of how busy. Waiter did apologize for delay in taking order and gave an update as we waited. Vegetarian omelette was fine. Grits were good and had an interesting flavor...maybe vanilla, but not sure. Nice to have the Heinz brand catsup or ketchup. Here's a tip for those that don't know... to help dispensing flow of Hienz ketchup place the bottle on a 45 degree angle and tap your palm on the "57".

Management response:Responded 7 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the positive feedback. We look forward to your next visit with us. Have a wonderful rest of the week.