“Not very good”

Dining options: Seating, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Tried this place after reading a couple of reviews. Boy were they wrong. As my wife and myself walked in the place seemed homely enough. But the first thing I noticed was a meat case with no more than 3 lonely cuts of meat. They looked prettty dried out. But as I Iooked at the menu a couple of locals came and ordered so I thought let's give it try. My wife ordered chicken salad I had kosher hot dogs. I was expecting my wifes half sandwich to be huge but as with all the other sandwiches that came before hers. Only sparse meat. My hot dog meat was what I expected.but it came on the cheapest tasting roll I've ever had. As we sat to eat we noticed a bunch knats flying around. The we noticed the sandwich makers were also taking money. No gloves and just a squirt of hand Sanitizer. The table was dirty. There tools stored in the soda storage. Needless to my wife became ill as soon as we left the place and spent the couple hours in the restroom and bed. Stay away!!!!!

1 Thank Acemace
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Name is misleading”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Although the staff's accent was authentic the restaurant does not live up to it's name. The entire place needs a thorough cleaning and attention to detail.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Simple no-nonsense Deli”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

Loved the bagels with cream cheese and lox. friendly customer service

Visited December 2011
Chestertown, Maryland
“Weird.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

I was walking back from the farmer's market when I saw the New York Deli's brightly lit sign in their window that said "Bagels". I'm always on the lookout for a good bagel so I decided to stop in. I walked in and there were 3 men sitting in the middle of the restaurant with their computers open. A middle aged man with a pony tail said to me "Do you know what you want or do you need a menu?". Um, the door hadn't even shut behind me yet! How about hello first? I was taken aback but asked if they made their bagels in the restaurant. The pony tailed man said "We bake them here but we don't make them here." I looked around the restuarant (which was empty except for them) and didn't see any freshly baked bagels, etc. I said "Ok, I was just checking". To which his response was shaking his head and making a face at me as if I was crazy for asking. If I had seen bagels displayed, etc in their baking case I would have tried them. I was very offended at his face that he made to me. He is rude and has absolutely no customer service skills. I guess he had to get back to his "gaming" on his computer as he looked the type. I'm no longer surprised that NO ONE ever goes in there and I do not wish them luck in their enterprise. I anxiously await the next business that takes over that space. I worked in the hospitality industry for 15 years and this place is just WEIRD and not a good weird.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank lizamanelli
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Authentic Jewish Deli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2010

My wife and i found this place online. We took a drive over to the beautiful eastern shore of Maryland to see if this place was for real. When we arrived we knew this was like a deli like we used to go to when we lived in New York. You walk in an there are posters and pictures from New York all over the walls, and table clothes that feature newspaper ads from around the '30s or '40s. There was so many good things to choose from on the menu we had a hard time making up our minds where to start. I finally chose to have their wonderful "staten island" sandwich which is piled high with beef brisket and sour kraut. My wife had the corned beef, also piled high. The meats they use are the leanest meat i have ever seen, so flavorful. Oh and of course you can't have a really New York deli unless they have Dr. Brown's sodas, which they do, including cel-ray. Over all we completely enjoyed ourselves and will be coming back every chance we have to get there