“we'll be back.”
Review of Figg's Ordinary

Figg's Ordinary
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Chestertown
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Breakfast at Figg's on April 5, 2018. Best scrambled eggs I ever tasted. Imagine, gushing over scrambled eggs. They are not on the menu but Ingrid's assistant whipped them up for two old guys just visiting. No doubt scrambled eggs should be included on their menu as a signature dish. Also fresh squeezed OJ and excellent coffee. If I lived in Chestertown I would be a regular there. Owner and assistant were very friendly and the exposed beams atmosphere is architecturally interesting. Fairly priced and very clean. Definitely a "return to" place for me.

Ingrid H, Owner at Figg's Ordinary, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

A big thank you for stopping in and giving us a try! We enjoyed meeting you and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I have celiac and a dairy allergy, so as you can imagine baked goods are not an indulgence I get to enjoy very often. We found Figg's Ordinary while just checking out Chestertown as part of a Washington College visit. It was upscale, quaint, and quiet. Gluten and dairy free goodies were amazing, and most of the healthy variety, not covered in sugar or chocolate. They also serve light fare which we didn't have. coffee was GREAT and non-dairy choices are available! Service was friendly. Slightly on the expensive side but you do get what you pay for. We'll be back when in Chestertown.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I see that lots of people liked this place, so maybe we just caught them on a bad day. Four of us went here because among us is a gluten-free person and two vegetarians, for a late lunch. The place was quiet--just two other customers--and yet we had great difficulty getting our food. Two of us ordered the same salad, but one came out with lots of lovely ingredients--roasted carrots, nuts, etc, and the other had hardly anything on it. The salad was returned with the request to put all the ingredients on it, but still it came back looking like quite a lot less than the other. My order, for the egg and avocado on bread, took so long that everyone else was almost finished eating when it finally arrived (and without the avocado, although they still charged me the full (and I thought pretty expensive) price for the sandwich). It was so late at that point that I didn't complain, but really! Also we all asked for water, but were given only one cup. When we asked for more cups, she had to go somewhere in the back of the room to get the cups, but only brought two, so we had to send her back to get one more. Why not keep the cups right up front near the water? Seems like it would save a lot of time for a common request.
We all thought the food was ok but not great given the price. The salads had interesting ingredients but not enough of them. I thought the bread that came with the egg sandwich was not as bad as I expected for gluten-free bread (and gluten doesn't bother me--wonder if I'm the only one who wished there was actual bread available also?).
I have to say the staff was friendly enough, and the place had a nice quiet atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

My wife found this place in her never-ending search for local, healthy, fresh and delicious food. Figg's hit on all of these notes and was worth the one hour drive from Annapolis. The day we visited was very cold, so the butternut squash and chick pea soup were a great start. Cappuccino fans will love the expresso coming out of their La Marzocco machine. The owner helped surprise my wife with a gluten-free gluten-free banana walnut bread to take home. It did not make it through the next morning's breakfast. Sandwiches and gluten-free cookies were fresh and delicious as well

We loved this place and look forward to returning soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

If you have a gluten and/or dairy allergy, or just love fresh ingredients, I would highly recommend trying out all the delicious baked goods and especially the traditional granola at Figg's. Figg's has mastered the perfect combination of oats, nuts, and sweetness in every bite!! I stepped in for a coffee (also yummy) and grabbed some granola for the road as a snack -- it did not make it home!