“Very good food, average service”

Umami Global Bistro
Ranked #8 of 115 Restaurants in Catonsville
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 31 October 2018

Went with the family for lunch. The food was excellent. Bakalva is made with pistachios instead of the usual walnuts, and is truly delicious. My vegan wife and gluten-free daughter had outstanding meals. The only down side was that there was only one server, who was quickly overwhelmed by the volume of guests in the restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 16 February 2018

I was celebrating a friend's birthday here with lunch for the 2 of us on a snowy December day. It's a warm & inviting space with very friendly wait staff. My friend had the chicken kabob platter with corn tortillas & I had the lamb kabob platter with corn tortillas. We both had extra tzatziki & basmatti rice with our platters. My lamb came to me well done instead of medium as ordered & the rice was spicier than expected. I am super sensitive so had asked about it & asked for no spice topping. The flavor of the lamb was very good. My friend thoroughly enjoyed her chicken kabob. I had an order of the pistachio baklava for dessert & it blew me away. It was the best baklava I ever ate- chock full of pistachios & honey. I only ate one of the 2 in the container but ordered 4 more to take home & share. Our waitress also brought us warm vanilla chai tea on the house since it was my friend's birthday. It was just lovely & we were all set to head back out into the snowy day.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Have yet to be dissatisfied with anything we have tried. We have been here a number of times and try something different every visit. The restaurant itself is small and quaint. If you like Mediterranean cuisine, you must go.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 13 November 2017

I've watched the evolution of Umami, and it keeps getting better. The food is excellent and the service is prompt. There is something here for everyone, and since my family has gluten challenges, Umami is one of the few places that allow us to get out together as a family. And Umami is a pillar in the community as its out at all the local events, including the weekend farmer markets providing tasty bites

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Have had to make monthly trips to Baltimore and finally found Catonsville as a alternative to the downtown food and lodging. In the food market I'm glad a found Umami Global Bistro. Tried the Tandoori Lamb Chops and it was fantastic. Great seasoning and good portion, well presented. The sides of rice and naam bread were delicious complements, while the service was attentive and cordial.

Date of visit: October 2017