“Nice dining experience ”
Review of Ocean Odyssey

Ocean Odyssey
Ranked #7 of 61 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned and operated neighborhood crab house and restaurant that has been operating since 1986. We have evolved from a seafood manufacturing and crab picking facility into a full service restaurant, crab retailer and caterer with a recently added beer garden. We strive to give an authentic Eastern Shore No-Fuss hospitality experience to our guests and feature as many locally procured items as possible. We have recently been featured on The Food Network, PBS's Americas Heartland, CNN "Somebody's Gotta Do It" and Dogfish Head's Dogfish Dish. We are located directly on route 50. Less than a mile from the Hyatt Chesapeake Resort.
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

The fish (Amber Jack) was prepared exactly the way I had requested. The hush puppies and potato salad were very good. My wife enjoyed her bluecat fish sandwich. Our waitress was great at explaining how the fish was prepared. We will defiantly eat there again.

JordanT986, General Manager at Ocean Odyssey, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We look forward to having you back, many thanks for sending over this nice review!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Had a very nice lunch here over Labor Day weekend. We had the crab dip, six large crabs and a brisket sandwich. All of them were excellent, the food was fresh and well prepared. When we're back in town visiting we'll absolutely be going back for another meal!

Many thanks for taking the time to send in this review!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I've been twice for lunch and this last visit was for dinner. Every meal has been great. For dinner they had live music too (on a Monday night, no less). All three experiences our party had 10 people including children.

First, the beer on tap was delicious. I like being able to get a flight of beers instead of one large beer when I don't know what it will taste like. The flight lets me experience 4 different brews for the price of one. As a foody, I appreciate that.

In that regard, they also offer appetizers by the single piece. You want to try one of all of them? No problem! You want to order 13 because you have 13 people and everyone wants one bite? They got you covered.

The outside decor leaves something to be desired, but the inside is very comfortable and, really, that is far more important.

All the food was tasty and well priced. We'd definitely go back -- we already have. Top marks.

JordanT986, General Manager at Ocean Odyssey, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to send in this review. Great to hear you visited with us multiple times! We look forward to having you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Quite disappointed to have purchased a dozen "large" crabs for carry out. Got home and at least 4 were "paper shell".........no weight to them, little meat, the shell breaks into. Really, it's Dorchester Co. If your crabs are that poor at least give 2-3 extra ones.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

An old college classmate was in town with his girlfriend and wanted seafood. I had been to Ocean Odyssey before, with equivocal results, but thought I'd try it again for his sake. His lady loved the marlin, he had cod and liked it, and my lady loved the fish and chips. I ordered broiled crab cakes.. The sides of corn, and pickled beets were very tasty. The appetizer of nachos was a complete surprise with crispy baked pita bread, a little cheese, a corn relish and pork. Not what one expected, but very flavorful and creative. My crab cakes were unlike anything I have had before..Rock solid covering, with what must have been a combination of crab mustard and stringy claw meat, I think. The Salvation Army crab cakes are far better and have real crab in them. Don't get this dish. The waitress was lovely, and attentive. We ate outside, which was not a great choice in retrospect, since Rt. 50 traffic was oppressive flowing to Ocean City.