“Excellent!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Dinner to celebrate anniversary - as always, Bistro brings oustanding food, service, ambiance. Halibut was perfectly done, hanger stake with frites was classic bistro - and squash soup was perfect Fall dish.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Thank you Tripadvisor. What a great find. We were spending 3 nights in Cambridge and had 2 dinners here. The quality of the food is amazing. The first night we had crab cakes and fish. My wife is not a big fan of crab cakes but followed our server's recommendation. They were superb. So far removed from the deep fried, tasteless mush that you usually get. My fish was wonderfully fresh and superbly cooked. Magic chocolate cake to finish. We returned on Sunday night which is the restaurant's tapas night. Again, superb! Service is impeccably executed and charming. Very good selection of wines and a large number available by the glass. If we lived in Cambridge this would be our regular restaurant. Not to be missed if you like international quality food and service.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend this restaurant. The food is excellent and the service is top notch. Excellent wine list also. Will definitely dine here whenever I am in the area.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

The meal and service were wonderful. The people sitting next to us had driven 45 minutes to have dinner. The baked Alaska was the best I have ever had. If you are in the area this place is not to be missed

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We come to Cambridge every summer and we always make a reservation at Bistro Poplar. This summer we had a perfectly executed dinner. Here's an example of why. I started with Oysters Raclette, huge plump oysters with gobs of melted gruyere cheese on top. The oysters were served on a bed of rock salt to keep them level and the extra cheese which had overflowed onto the salt was inedible due to the salt. I commented to our server that I hated to waste even one morsel of the delicious cheese. She came back with a couple of toasted croutons covered in the melted cheese! My wife's salad starter was dressed properly and delicious. My rack of lamb was perfectly delicious, as was my wife's halibut. Luckily we saved room for dessert and had the coconut raspberry baked Alaska. This was one of the best desserts we have ever had, ever!
Usually baked Alaskas have a meringue outer layer but this on had a marshmallow covering which was toasted table side with a kitchen torch.It was outstanding. The service was friendly, professional, and perfect. Thank you Bistro Poplar.