“It hit the spot!”

High Spot Gastropub
Reserve with OpenTable
High Spot Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 61 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Poplar Street
Description: Friendly gastropub serving local foods creatively prepared by Chef Patrick Fanning. Nice craft brew selection. Plus sidewalk seating.
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Glad we gave High Spot another chance. Our waitress, Fountain was cheery and attentive. We met and chatted with Chef Fanning. He prepped a great piece of halibut which came with a corn & red pepper, arugula salad. Very spring-y with a touch of butter just hit the spot. My filet was seared in bacon fat and served with mashed potatoes with soppressata cream sauce. That was just divine! Nom nom nom.

2  Thank DC33
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for High Spot Gastropub

Reviewed 24 May 2012

We went to the High Spot while staying at the Hyatt with a group of friends. The ideas behind the dishes are good, but execution fails. The salads should be called soups due to the amount of dressing they have, the curried roasted vegetables had little or no curry and were steamed, not roasted. The bangers and mash had a creamy mushroom sauce on top that did not go with the dish, the sausage was a breakfast sausage, not at all what expected in a dish like this.

2  Thank Like G
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I've eaten here 6 times over the past couple months. The service is ok. Very friendly, but lack professionalism consistently. (Complaining about the business in full earshot of customers. Apparently, they aren't very happy. One waitress actually coughed all over our table) The food lacks flavor and is poorly presented. (Broken sauces seem to be their specialty. Onion soup tasted like it was cut with water. Crab cake tasted like nothing. Buffalo chicken sandwich could have been good if it hadn't been slopped together on the stale bun.) I waited to write a review hoping I would have the same experience as other reviewers, but after 6 chances I'm done wasting money on food in this over-rated establishment. The beer selection, however, is fantastic and bartenders are always attentive. But the prices are so cheap, I almost feel bad complaining. Almost. I really wanted to like this restaurant, but would rather pay more to enjoy myself. My advice to the owners is to purchase higher quality food, train your staff and show more consistency in the kitchen. Maybe I just dined on 6 "off days"?

2  Thank lovesfood93
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My wife and I stopped in for dinner after a day of birding and found this to be the perfect spot. The atmosphere is very relaxed and friendly, the wait staff was attentive, the service good, and the crab cakes and shrimp were perfect. The beer list is comprehensive. The owner stopped by the table for a nice chat. We really like the fact that they focus on buying local ingredients for their preparations. We will definitely be back on our next trip to Cambridge area.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Service was ok, friendly but slow. We only got dessert and coffee as there were no cafes or bakeries around. The desserts were amazing, the Irish coffee was perfect- bold and strong!