“Just about perfect lobster”
Review of Rock Lobstah

Rock Lobstah
Ranked #15 of 64 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 39
Description: Rock Lobstah is a lobster bar concept offering fresh seafood, a variety of lobster rolls, beer, wine, craft sodas, dessert and more in a casual, fun setting.
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I've had lobster in Maine and Massachusetts and of course good ol' Red Lobster and Rock Lobstah had some of the best prepared I've ever had. I usually get the lobster dog and my husband gets the lobster bisque. The restaurant has a good drink selection that varies seemingly seasonally and they have live music often.

1  Thank Simply S

Reviewed 12 October 2017

This place is as local as it gets and that's what you want to experience when in Cambridge. The food was absolutely delicious, fresh and satisfying, especially after a long day of chasing after the Cambridge Ironman participants all over town. There's more than just "lobstah" but why go there and not try something they do so well. The Lobstah Guacamole was loaded with pieces of lobster tail and tasted heavenly with a cold beer. For those who like spicy food like I do, have a go at the Angry Lobstah (2 butter toasted buns generously stuffed with fresh lobster meat and Siracha aioli, topped with more Siracha and jalapeños!) I added a delicious side dish of potato salad to balance out all that hot and spicy goodness! A friend had the Patrick's Mom's, another version of the lobster roll, gentle on the taste buds but equally delicious. The Rock Lobstah rocks!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I chose this place based on the menu and reviews and I was not disappointed! I had the clawesome steam pot and loved it - especially the mussels. I finished the meal with the triple chocolate layer cake and loved it also. I’ll definitely be back the next time I’m in Cambridge.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Chose this for dinner based on the reviews. Unfortunately, in my opinion the food was very mediocre. My wife had the crab chowder, which tasted of nothing in particular, certainly not crab. I chose the lobster which was pleasant enough but nothing spectacular and I thought poor value. The best thing was the potato salad. The service was very efficient and pleasant.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

They also have crab, too, but this is definitely a lobster place and they know how to do it. They also load on the mayonnaise and butter. We had the lobster classic which was the only sandwich without mayonnaise and 2 rolls (like hot dog buns) came out filled with lobster; it was delicious and filling. 1 of us tried the grilled chicken which was also good.

They also had a special lobster dinner midweek so we went back and got a whole lobster with 2 sides at a bargain price and had a great workout.

This is a small place with some tables in 2 rooms and a bar and another counter. Locals seem to favor it and no wonder - great taste and great value.

Been to Rock Lobstah? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK