“Okada again”

Okada
Ranked #22 of 52 Restaurants in California
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 1 June 2015

Love going to Okada. Go there almost weekly. Always get Brian to cook for us. This place is really clean and the food is realy good from the grill.

Reviewed 4 January 2015

Japanese food has never been on my list of favorites. This was a one shot deal because we had gotten a gift cert for Christmas. I will be back! The food was fantastic, they were very meticulous about how YOU wanted it cooked, and heck it was FUN!. Hubbys salmon was cooked to perfection, my filet mignon was perfect as well, and I am very particular about how its cooked. Medium well means medium well. The cook was sure to include the kids in his antics while cooking. It was just very good all around. Little pricey but your paying for the entertainment and it was enjoyable.

1  Thank travelwithpennygirl
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We love the non-chain restaurant atmosphere, great fresh sushi - melts in your mouth and artfully prepared. I enjoy watching the sushi chef at work. The Hibachi dinners and Bentos lunch are great values with large portions.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Their sushi is great and fresh. Chefs are solid as well.
Not a big fan of their hibachi at all. Not as good as asahi

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I went here once with a group of friends I was really looking forward to having a good time well it was completely opposite this is the worse place in St Marys County first of all when I was waiting on a group of my friends to come in I sat at the bar with another friend and wanted to order sushi I politely asked the sushi chef his name he said James or Jade im not sure well any way i asked if he could give me some recommendations and he rudely replied I dont have time to help you everything i do is good!!!! Wow well after that I changed my mind on the sushi well we finally got to the table and once the grill was turned on a few roaches crawled out of the grill i didnt want to continue my meal but i was there for friends the waitress was amazing but once the chef came out he was horrible he was so boring I almost fell asleep he kept asking for us to raise our hands if we had fried rice and i was confused because the order is written down in front of him. well one of my friends had a complaint about the sushi taking so long that we were already done with our meal I asked the waitress who the manager was and she said the "little bald guy" over there is the owner I waved for him to come to the table he brushed me off well i wanted the sushi taken off and they refused and he still never came to the table to speak to us about the sushi. after we demanded he take it off we didnt want it at this point he kept trying to make us take it to go so whatever we just took it and it was horrible to the fish tasted bad. awful place Asahi is way better dont waste your time here people