“Authentic!”
Review of Cuba de Ayer

Cuba de Ayer
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuba de Ayer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Burtonsville
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 18
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Every time my family and I are in the mood for Cuban, we go to Cuba de Ayer. This place has friendly staff, the food is always delicious, and the atmosphere is chill. I bring my family and clients there for lunches and dinners. This place never disappoints! Great find!

CubaDeAyer, Owner at Cuba de Ayer, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

We truly appreciate your patronage and recommendations over the years, Joanna! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Stopped in for lunch on a recommendation and the food was delicious! It was exactly what I was looking for in Cuban food. I haven't been able to give my taste buds this type of treat since I was in Miami last year. I had the palomilla steak w/ rice, plantains, salad and a refreshing mojito. It's about 35 min away from me, but I will return.

1  Thank JJC1985

This is what we like to hear! We hope this means we will be seeing more of you in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Great food, authentically prepared, and the bartender has skills... actually now go relatively often when the Cuban cravings hit! Modest strip mall locale, but that does not take away from their quality!

Thanks for taking the time to review us, Spruije!

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch recently. The place was busy. We were seated quickly. The service was professional and prompt. The food was good. The price was moderate, a good value (although I recall that the menu had different lunch and dinner prices for the same entree- a common thing). All in all a good visit.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Being twice in last two weeks, food is second to none, the best!!! Service, umm... same waiter, maybe it was him, but getting food served was horribly slow!!!

1  Thank jorgecN2995YB
CubaDeAyer, General Manager at Cuba de Ayer, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Jorge, I am so glad food was Fabulous, but I am very sorry that service was not so great, I would like to apologize for the service we provided you. I would definitely coach my staff better, we need to provide better communication with our guests and speed of service to our guest. Do you recall by any chance the name of the server or probably his description? I will not get him in trouble but I want to provide the proper feedback avoid issues like this.
Allow me next time you stop by to buy you a drink and an appetizer for the inconvenience.
I do appreciate your feedback, we take our service very seriously and we drive to be the best in hospitality, once again our sincere apologies,