“Exactly what you expect”
Review of Papa John's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Papa John's
Ranked #21 of 30 Restaurants in Burtonsville
Reviewed 13 September 2016

It's a typical Papa Johns franchise. The service could be better-but it's generally reliable. They are one of the only places in the area that delivers

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Watching the Redskins play you see an add every few breaks by "Rigo" for a discount at Papa John's. We go on line many times and get delivery from Burtonsville, Md. Tonight, we order and everything seems normal on-line yet no one shows up. We call and the order is lost in the ether, nothing can be done of course. No offer to fix. Too many other spots to get food to fuss over I guess. And they have too many folks calling for pizza to fuss over to worry about service.

I hate it when I keep seeing that ad over and over!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

First, if you're not ordering on-line, you're missing out on one of the best deals in the pizza business. Second, if you're not ordering on-line on a busy Saturday or Super Bowl Sunday, don't complain when your order isn't right.

When this place is on, the pizza is full of toppings, the sauce is rich and thick, and it's always hot, hot, hot. There was a time when whoever was putting the pies together must have had vision issues because the pies were coming out with a crust border nearly as large as the part actually covered with something. Evidently that person didn't last too long as after a month or two, that stopped.

I always order my pie well done and it isn't burnt and the crust picks up the oven flavor ever so nicely. I try not to order at peak times because they do have some consistency issues when the place gets a jammin'. I have sent a pie back or refused it at carry-out and they've never said boo about it. Always willing to make it right.

My only complaint? They offered at one time a Buffalo Wing pizza that was AMAZING and even my wife, who hates meat on her pizza, loved that pie. Then it disappeared and I went in to ask. The manager said it didn't sell well. I was floored. No accounting for taste I guess.

Now why only four stars and not five? Because it isn't New York.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

We mainly do carry out or delivery online-which is very convenient, for sure. The pizza is always ready, hot and good. Can't complain.

Reviewed 29 June 2015

Maybe the worst Pizza in MD. Never ever get the order right. However, still better then Pizza Hut or Domino's. Stopped ordering there 5 years ago and switched to Jerry's for great pizza in Burtonsville.