“Good Bagels”
Review of Bethesda Bagels

Bethesda Bagels
Ranked #4 of 13 Bakeries in Bethesda
Reviewed 27 August 2018

If you are in the mood for a bagel and cream cheese, this will definitely do the trick, however, it is not best I've had. They have lots of bagel and cream cheese flavors and the pastries looked yummy!

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Nice vegan options (tofu spread with or without veggie is really good). You can make is a veggie sandwich, which has lettuce, tomato, avocado, sprouts, onions.

Bagels are top notch, portions are good.

No restrooms.

Coffee is from a machine that is completely sub standard. So just go next door :)

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Newly remodeled, it remains as busy as ever for morning or lunch. The bagels are very good. They also offer some classic jewish deli items as well for carry out which are very good. Carry out exclusively. Parking can be a challenge but many walk there.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

My wife and I came to Bethesda, MD to celebrate her 20th high school reunion (She never graduated there because her family moved to Massachusetts, but she had many friends who invited her to come). She mentioned that we should check out this place for breakfast rather than pay to eat at the hotel that we stayed in. We were leaving the city to head out to Connecticut, but my wife wanted us to try this restaurant, which she claims is the best bagels in all of Maryland, if not the entire country.

I was really hungry. There had to be something that could fill me up for the long ride north. As my eyes scanned the menu, a bagel sandwich caught my attention. It was the steak and egg bagel sandwich. Now, I must admit that I didn't know what I was getting when I ordered it. After waiting for more than 20 minutes for the restaurant to fulfill my family's requests, my wife came out with our orders . We went into the car, and she started to had out our food. My eyes opened in surprised when I saw my sandwich. It was so big that it was almost the same size as my hands (I have big hands)! When I unwrapped the sandwich, the eggs and steak was falling out of the sandwich!!!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing with this sandwich!!! When I took my first bite, the orchestra of the bagel, eggs, cheese, and steak pleased my taste buds!!! The bagels are made fresh every day and the cream cheese are homemade as my kids devoured their bagels in less than a second (with them licking the cream cheese off their lips).

I can't believe that I'm saying this, but my wife could be right about this being the best place to get bagels. I could see all the childhood memories fill her eyes as she was eating her bagel. I could see why she would make every effort to eat this restaurant when she was kid. Her inner kid came out of her that day when she came here!!!

1  Thank Black0ut1983
Reviewed 18 May 2018

I live in Brooklyn and have done so for the past 11 years. My family lives in Chevy Chase and I grew up in Potomac. Anytime I come to visit my parents, I am always looking for a good bagel spot but am consistently let down. Nothing can measure up to how incredible NYC bagels are. I find this most places I go outside of NYC. But, I had heard that these bagels rival NYC bagels from actual New Yorkers so I was really excited to give them a shot.

When my husband and I arrived, there was a line out the door. Now, some people might be deterred by this but my husband and I let out a sigh of relief; this was the first good sign. We are also accustomed to having to wait in line for things in NYC. This is a very regular occurrence. We took the time in line to decide what bagels we wanted to get. We got a baker’s dozen because we were bringing bagels to our friend’s place for them and their kids. The line moved very fast; they clearly know how to handle a large amount of customers here. We got a large variety of bagels os we could really get a sense of what their bagels were like.

We tried a salt bagel in the car on the way to our friend’s place and were pretty impressed! The flavor of the bagel is really good! The consistency is not quite right but is pretty darn close. The outside of the bagel doesn’t have enough of a crunch to compliment the chewiness of the inside. The inside was a little too doughy and not chewy enough as well. We felt the same with the Everything, Asiago, and cinnamon raisin. With all that aside, this is comes VERY close to an NYC bagel and were really glad that we have this option so close to my parents place.