“Fall dinner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, View, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here the last full night of the season. My burger was one of the best I have had. My husband fish and chips could have fed 2 people. Delicious, fresh, plentiful and great service!!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I found out about this place when staying at another hotel owned by the same people. It was a gorgeous day and so pleasant to sit outside and enjoy the view of Long Sands beach. Some tables are outside but covered overhead, which is a nice option and I noticed they have heaters for the outside area. However, the indoor tables looked quite nice also.

If anyone has read my restaurant reviews here, you know I am very into good vegetable choices on a menu. They have a nice selection, here. I had a side order of the "dilly beans" and they were amazing! Al dente, seasoned nicely and presented in a cute little mason type jar. The salads all looked yummy and you can add protein to the salad. I almost opted to do that but I was very hungry so I had the lamb sliders. Delicious, on a grilled bun with some nice feta and spinach. The wine pour was a decent amount and served very well-chilled, which I loved.

Server was friendly, helpful and attentive and did not rush me, which I greatly appreciate as a solo diner. Loved the vibe and the cute little white pumpkin on the table provided a great paperweight for my book (another solo diner plus). I hope they are open year-round as I only come in the off-season.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

On our way up to the lighthouse my wife and I decided to stop and have a quick bite. Chowder was excellent and the views of York beach were wonderful. Fish and Chips was also very plentiful. Service was great and after a week in Maine we feel the chowder at the Stones Throw was the best that we had.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Stones Throw motel and their restaurant was very accommodating. Simple menu but everything was good. We ate there twice. Nuff said.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Great location, staff and owners. Food was terrific butterfly shrimp, lobster rolls were awesome. A great way to end your night in the great town of York.