“Yuck”
Review of 1652

Ranked #15 of 24 Restaurants in York Beach
Description: Authentic Italian cuisine, in the heart of York Beach, brought to you by Executive Chef, Robert Martin.
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Hubby had the Pollack meal and I had a Shrimp pasta meal. Both of us were very disappointed. The sad thing is that hubby saw the chef lick his fingers. We had their Sunday brunch which was good. But dinner, nope, nada and no. Not good at all. No flavor.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was delicious, but limited choices. I had the meatballs - very filling.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We visited on a Monday night in September so that may account for the fact there was only 1 other couple in the place. Or it may have been because the menu is small, the prices are high and the food was not good. We had the linguini with white clam sauce which was overwhelmingly lemony, the rigatoni Bolognese which was very spicy...thinking it was crushed red pepper as the waitress brought an extra little dish of crushed red pepper in case you weren't already sweating from the heat of the dish. We asked for bread and were served some toasted baguette slices with olive oil and a balsamic vinegar dipping sauce. Simple Italian bread & butter would have been more appreciated. I know they are going for the upscale crowd but somethings are better simplified. The restaurant is beautiful and ambiance is probably very nice with a crowd. Our appetizer of saffron & cheese arancini was very good. Thought we discovered a new go-to place when staying in York so we don't wear out our welcome at York Harbor Inn.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We were in York Beach (which we loved) and found this place for lunch. It was a nice atmosphere and we enjoyed sitting outside. Pinot Grigio was decent. My husband enjoyed his porchetta sandwich. I ordered the lunch sized portion of the angel hair pasta. It was very good- however the portion was ridiculously small. I didn’t want a large amount for lunch but this was about 4 forkfuls (for $11). I wish I had taken a picture but all I can say- just one tiny little scoop that could be finished in two minutes. Very disappointed in that- it definitely should be more generous sized portions.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Cali makes the best martinis, even better than Huw’s Dad. The family atmosphere is the best way n this sleepy beach town

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to 1652? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK