All reviews the pub meeting house short sands beach ocean view off season the main hotel oceanview room wonderful hotel corner room hotel guests annex building nachos front desk staff top floor get away wedding party across the street
Reviewed 18 September 2015

We had a room in the main hotel. It was beautiful, a lovely king sized bed and a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. Our view was overlooking the parking lot in back but when I reserved the room, it said it didn't have a view, so that is not a complaint, just an observation. We were greeted by the front desk staff as we entered, they were really nice and we felt very welcome. We didn't eat dinner in the hotel because there were several wedding parties and the pub was crowded so we chose to go out. When we came back we used the valet parking, super easy and our car was right out front when we left the next day. We will definitely return for another longer stay!

Room tip: Talk to the hotel staff, they are the best help.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Our room at the Union Bluff was clean, modern and cozy. The staff was professional and courteous. The restaurant pub/grill downstairs was good as well. We are already planning a trip back in the near future! Would absolutely recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelissaVermont
Reviewed 14 September 2015

We stayed in the motel annex for two nights. The rooms are 3-star but I've added a 4th for the view and the employees.

If you stay in the annex you should know that the rooms are not terribly private. You can expect a lot of people walking across the shared patio which is only a couple of feet from your bed, if you have a room with 2 doubles.

The view and location are fantastic and many things are within walking distance.

The employees were great, particularly the housekeeping staff. The room was impeccably clean and the housekeepers were very friendly.

The only thing I feel the room truly lacks is vanity space in the bathroom. There is very little space to put your toiletries.

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I went to York beach as part of our anniversary trip this year. We stayed at the Union bluff hotel but not the main white building. There is a green building on the side of the main hotel and they only had rooms over there at the time. We wanted an ocean view with a balcony and received a large room on the second floor caddie-corner to small sands beach. It wasn't a perfect view but I'm picky about ocean views and love to be looking straight at the beach feeling the breeze of the ocean from my room. It was far from the beach and had an obstructed view with the buildings. However, I still loved our stay and was happy with the room. It was clean, simple but nice decor, plenty space and I liked our large balcony to enjoy a glass of wine at night. Next time I would get a room in the middle of the white main building facing the ocean!! I bet those rooms are great!

Very friendly service all around!!

The food was FANTASTIC!!! We did eat at the Union bluff pub and also the nicer restaurant in the main building. I really can't say enough about their dining options! Everything I ate there was 5 star all the way and my husband agreed his was just as good. Lobster lobster lobster and throw in clams and wine

I was disappointed in the lack of lounge chairs, space and activities for the hotel guests section by the ocean. There isn't a pool or any service over by the few lawn chairs looking over the beach. Since this was a romantic vacation I was hoping for more resort type things. I'm not sure if they have a spa either so double check that if you want to be pampered.

York beach itself was very cozy and family friendly with its many shops, restaurants and the small beach is perfect to keep an eye on any kids if you're going for a family trip. I kinda felt bad bc I know my 2 kids would have loved it there and we will probably go back with them and my expectations will be better managed knowing this is a great place for families and if you're looking for a romantic tropical beach resort vacation this wouldn't be my first choice.

Union Bluff and York beach were wonderful overall and I would recommend this hotel and beach to families and as mentioned we will likely be back with our kiddos

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank love2travelkmbb
Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a friend's wedding and the hotel had the wedding out on the lawn and the reception in a separate building next door to the hotel. The hotel room was nice and clean, but I was more impressed with the hotel's coordination of the wedding. They did a fantastic job. Food was great and everything went off without a hitch.

Trip type: Travelled with friends