“Great Food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Full service, casual restaurant overlooking the Sheepscot River
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This place actually was a garage, many, many years ago! But now, it's one of the best places to get a delicious meal in the area. The food is excellent, the ambiance and views terrific. A must visit!

Reviewed 27 March 2017

I have visited this restaurant whenever I am in the Wiscasset area. They have a Fin Haddie Crepe which is scrumptious! The negative with this restaurant is that they operate with a minimal overworked wait staff. As one patron said: "They have a winter staff for a summer crowd." Beautiful location, great food but expect to spend considerable wait time for your orders.

1  Thank DRH0PS
Reviewed 20 February 2017

J'aime Le Garage en Wiscasset, Maine. C'est un restaurant grand!!! Moi fille et ma mere l'aime aussi!

Enough of the French. The name of the restaurant put me in the mood. My wife and I took my mother to this Wiscasset eatery for Sunday lunch and truly enjoyed the experience. The food was wonderful, and the view of the Sheepscot River was equally delicious. I enjoyed the chicken pot pie with grilled French (of course) green beans and a side of buttered fettucini. My wife enjoyed a cup of the chowder of the day (salmon and haddock) and followed it up with a shrimp crepe. My mother enjoyed the pot roast with mashed potatoes and an ample helping of cole slaw. The price was a little higher than what we might normally pay for lunch, but all was worth it. We certainly would go back again.

Bon appetit!

Reviewed 11 December 2016

This is a great restaurant with a nice view and a fancier atmosphere. It's not too expensive, but the food is really just average. This is where we go when we want to feel wealthy.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

Located just off Route 1 in Wiscasset, Maine, Le Garage offers its visitors a lovely water view, excellent service and delicious food. That is a hard combination to beat.

My wife and I recently enjoyed an evening dinner at Le Garage with friends before going onto Aglow at the Coastal Botanical Gardens in Boothby. We were all very pleased find this wonderful restaurant. We were greeted warmly, and shown to our table overlooking the Sheepscot River.
The wine selection contains a good range of solid choices for any palate and we began with a Melbec. My wife and I started with Ceasar salads and fresh rolls. That followed by my wife’s parmesan crumb native haddock with red potatoes and carrots. I had one their evening specials, a pub steak with the red potatoes and carrots. Friends dined on crab cakes, carrot and a salad and also a meal of lamb kebabs, coleslaw and carrots. Our meals were prepared to perfection. They were flavorful, satisfying and delicious. The service we received from the wait staff could not have been better.

We would suggest you stop in whenever you can.