All reviews new owners blueberry cobbler fire pit home cooked breakfast made from scratch homemade items wood paneling stay there again hiking trail cozy room late at night lovely owners rustic feel small porch every morning hot breakfast red's eats
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We were visiting family in nearby Alna. I need handicap ramps, bathroom with roll-in shower and lots of hand rails. We stayed in room #1. It fulfilled my needs. Just as important the room is perfect for a multiple day stay. Light wood rustic paneling, rustic lamps, easy open windows for a pleasant breeze, woodsy views,cable TV, WIFI.
I can't praise the breakfast cook and the buffet selections enough. We stayed for four days. Each morning has a completely new selection of foods from around the US and the world. Even the breakfast eggs and meats get a gourmet treatment.
If you are driving by stop in for breakfast. It will be the best you will have.
Lastly the hosts are wonderful people.

Room Tip: This motel is an updated version of an old fashioned roadside motel. Personal service. Check their website.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mattmonaco
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We drove to Wiscasset for Red's Eats lobster rolls and wanted to stay nearby. The reviews on Wiscasset Woods Lodge convinced us to book a room for the night. Everything we read about the Lodge was true...comfortable, clean, friendly and the trail through the woods topped it off. The breakfast was delicious with lots of choices. The owners very helpful in suggesting where we would find the best Fall colors. A perfect stay!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alina A
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Stopped here on our Maine journey and I wasn't expecting anything special but boy this was a sweet find. Sort of woodsy (the woods are out the back door)but clean, friendly and fun. The lodge had a nice lobby, very friendly staff. The grounds were neat and clean. There were games indoor and out,so good for families and inside a common area. The section where we stayed, each room had it's own small porch in front and a back porch that lead to a path to the hiking trails out back. The trails were rustic and fun, the trail right near the hotel was very easy and fun. Its a pet friendly place and believe it or not I think aside from ourselves and one other gentleman on a motorcycle, each room had at least one dog but it was really nice. No barking at all, each guest had quite, friendly and calm animals, I can't wait to recommend this place to my friends and family who had furry family members. Our room was delightful. Bright and airy. The wood walls, etc., were pretty. The decorations, bedspreads, etc were step above, I expected may clean but old or outdated or worn but everything was pretty and fresh. Even the toiletries in the bathroom were very nice. A heat light in the bathroom, hairdryer, etc. It was clean, roomy. The bed was comfy. The breakfast was very nice, being cooked by a staff that treated you like you were a family member stopping over for something to eat. a good variety of items to eat, something for everyone. I had a great time here, the family running it paid attention to details. I would stop again and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Suzy9
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Just stayed there this past week as a home base for touring Southern Maine. Lodge has recently been updated. Traveled with another couple. Both rooms were spotless each day. Grounds were family friendly with firepit, hikeing trails, croquet, and a variety of board games etc, They also have a few pet friendly rooms which we will take advantage of when we return. The owners Sandra and her husband are retired school teschers and take an active interest in each of their guests. Every day at the incredible home cooked free breakfast they would ask where we been, how we liked it, where were we going - with lots of suggestions and brochures, and usually an offer to call or check Inet for hours etc. Breakfasts had a great variety of options and basically home made. Gluten free options were available for those who want them. There even was an offer to go out and buy my favorite tea. The owners take pride in thier lodgeand it shows in all aspects of their operation. Only thing lacking was a pool

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank albert z
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Whether it was the placement of the lamps and fixtures in the rooms, the mulch on the nature trail, or the fabulous breakfasts, there is evidence always that the owners thought long and hard about the comfort of their guests. My wife and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family