“Only a few issues with the property”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wilton
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The best part of this hotel is the staff - everyone we met was extremely friendly (especially Maggie, who worked in the breakfast area) and ready to help whenever we needed it. The pool and whirlpool were each a great size and temperature - the area was clean, but there was some scum on the sides of the whirlpool, in particular. The room was spacious and clean. My biggest issue with this hotel is that it boasts that 85% of the rooms are non-smoking. I usually refuse to stay at hotels that have ANY smoking rooms because the smell usually permeates throughout the whole building. Although our room did not smell, the hallway was perfumed (I'm guessing the mask the smell of smoke) and the elevator reeked of smoke on a couple of occasions. If the hotel was 100% non-smoking, I would definitely recommend it to others and give it a higher rating, but I feel very strongly that my family should be able to spend time in nice hotels that don't endanger their health.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica L
thagerstrom, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Good news for you and your family Jessica, starting June 1st our hotel will be 100% smoke free! I am so pleased to read that our staff was welcoming and helpful during your stay with us, and I hope that you will return with your family soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Check-in staff was so friendly & professional. Breakfast crew was fun & accommodating, plus the food was very good--even the coffee! At checkout I was asked how everything was and when I mentioned that my mother's non-smoking room smelled of stale smoke they didn't charge me for the room! I was floored! We were in town for my daughter's graduation & our stay at the hotel capped off a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Woostings
thagerstrom, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! Graduation is such a fun weekend, and we love having all of the UMF families at the hotel during such an exciting time in their life! Unfortunately the smoke smell from personal belongings can linger longer than we would like sometimes, and I apologize for that. Although your student has graduated, we hope you will continue to visit the area for years to come, and will choose to stay with us in the future!

Reviewed 15 May 2012

We were traveling through Maine, and Farmington (Wilton) would be our night's destination. We checked out the Farmington Motel -- YUCK -- and way too expensive (about a 1-star place and rooms were $65 + taxes. So we kept driving and WOW we came across a Comfort Inn -- more expensive, but clean, warm and beautiful -- like an oasis in this small community.
Beds and room were comfortable and breakfast was yummy. Only complaints were that the pillows were small and lumpy, and the tub did not drain well -- plus no fan in the bathroom (never heard of that before).
Would definitely stay here again -- it is certainly the best hotel in this area -- all the others are motels and older.
Paul & Karen
Truckee, CA

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

We are so happy you came upon us during your travels and chose to stay with us! We definitely understand that everyone has their own pillow preference, and Choice Hotels has a program in the works that will offer a selection of pillows on the beds in hopes that at least one will fit your personal preference! In regards to no fans in the bathrooms, you will find in most new hotels instead of fans, an internal ventilation system is used, which is what our hotel uses. I hope this information is helpful, and we hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2012

My husband had a job around here so I came alone so I could have quite time with God. The Comfort Inn was very nice and the personnel very friendly when we checked in so I thought this was gonna work out great. The construction going on made it hard to acomplish quite time. There was no microwave or fridge in the room and even less expensive motels have one in the rooms these days, so was disappointed with that. The breakfast area was great, more than I had expected. The ones in there were exceptionally friendly and made you feel at home. All the staff was first rate. Every thing was clean. Over all everything was very good. Thank you all for being here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments, and choosing to stay with us during your visit to the area! I'm pleased to read that our staff was welcoming and made you feel at home during your travels. Unfortunately there is rarely a good time for construction in our business, and I apologize for any disturbance ours may have caused you during your stay. Although our standard rooms do not come equipped with a mini fridge or microwave, out junior suites do and we also have a microwave in the breakfast room that is open to all guests! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Travelling between Montreal, Quebec, and St. John, New Brunswick, this proved to be a good stop. The price was a tad higher than I expected, but taxes were low. Breakfast was good, the beds comfortable, and service good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

I'm so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! That is a very common route for many of our guests! We hope you will visit again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilton
37.7 km away
2.4 km away
Mount Blue Motel
Mount Blue Motel
#3 of 3 in Farmington

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK