“OMG a must dine !”

The Village Tavern
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I do hundreds of reviews every year, but this little gem was an amazing surprise . If you go early you will wait in line, but after 6:30 it’s open tables. I ordered the spare ribs, while my wife chose the mussels and scallops appetizer. All I can say is my ribs looked like the Flintstones cook them, and the were so good. Everything was great. We ate at the bar and had excellent service from the older bartender. Again, a must try !

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Somewhat of a small menu, which makes everything served excellent. Service is good, this is a restaurant which is becoming more popular by the week. So staff is running around somewhat. But they do a,nice job. Less touristy and more locals. Pecan crusted haddock was excellent; the short ribs perfect, goat cheese salad very nice. Asparagus excellent and sweet potato mash very good. For desert we shared a brownie sundae and the brownie was warm and full of nuts. Overall a very good meal, good service. Right off exit 25 on the turnpike.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

There is something about this place that sets it apart. The intimate atmosphere? The friendliness of the staff? The presentation and taste of the food? The fair, not exorbitant prices? All of the above? We love..as in LOVE this place. At the risk of making it too crowded to get a table. I give this place my highest marks.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve always had delicious food here.
Waitstaff is fantastic.
Don’t care it’s not on the water.
You will never be disappointed.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 7pm as we passed through from Portland to Boston on a Saturday night. We planned to stop and knew that reservations were not accepted so we were expecting to wait....and we did for a seat at this highly recommended restaurant.
We each had a soup (potato/leek/seafood) that was excellent. Next was a pair of crab cakes (not the best I’ve ever had, but they were tasty). The main course was the short ribs: a little pricey at $27 but excellent. The short ribs paired well with a side of garlic mashed potatoes. The brussel sprouts would have been better without the sauce.
The service was fast and the waitress was knowledgeable and attentive.
Overall- very good.
Recommend that you come early (5pm) or wait until 7:30 or later to avoid the wait.