This was the only place available during 4th of July week, so we booked 3 rooms together, as there were 10 of us traveling, including 4 children. Ended up being the perfect place for us.
It's most certainly not a Hilton, Hyatt, or Doubletree, as the property is very outdated, however, what it may lack in decor and modern amenities, it makes up for in charm and family hospitality. The grounds on the property are quite large, and offers many activities including a swimming pool, tennis court, badminton, basketball, shuffleboard, and many picnic tables and outdoor grills. We made use of everything but the shuffleboard. The trolley comes right into the property to take you downtown, and to the beach, which is minutes away.
Everyone, from the front desk staff, to the ground keeper, are very friendly and welcoming. It was a packed house during 4th of July week, but you felt a sense of community there. It was nice.
The rooms were literally straight out of the 70's, and smelled like Lysol. The lawn chairs outside each room were a nice touch, and gave it a homey feeling, as we sat outside just before sunset, enjoying a cold beer, watching the kids play basketball. One afternoon there was a big storm approaching, with crazy storm clouds forming, and everyone was just sitting outside of their rooms on the lawn chairs, while one guy was playing his guitar, and everything just felt perfect!
When we first arrived in our big passenger van, I can see eyes rolling at the sight of this outdated property. The day we were checking out, no one wanted to leave. That pretty much sums it up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the best value on the Southern Maine Coast! Pet Friendly and Kids Sleep for Free! Five acres of summer fun right on Route One. Basketball, shuffle board, tennis, large heated pool, outdoor fire pit, and outdoor movies. Free continental breakfast with freshly-baked donuts and apple fritters from Congdon's. A short 3/4 walk to Moody Beach or take an Ogunquit or Wells trolley to beaches and other attractions. Several types of rooms and suites with kitchenettes available. Come on in for a some Irish Hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Majestic Regency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Regency Hotel Wells
- Regency Hotel Wells
- Regency Hotel Majestic
- Majestic Regency Motel Ogunquit