“great value hotel”

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Wells
Denver
“great value hotel”
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I recently stayed here for a long weekend. It was my 3rd stay in as many years. As usual, I was very pleased. My wife & I stayed in the King Suite building. The room was very spacious, clean & quiet. We had our own balcony. My only complaint is that the mattress was quite hard & uncomfortable. I noticed this with the 2 other stays I had here. Because of this, 2 nights is my limit. Great value overall!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank pilotguy11
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Vermonter
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Whenever in Wells, this hotel is so comfortable and clean, that it feels like home away from home. Staff is very pleasant, microwave and fridge in every room so convenient and just a short drive to the beach.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are the quietest.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jeannebean
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2011

If you want to save money by staying away of Atlantic Ave, USA Inn is a good choice. There is nothing special in this motel, but rooms are clean, service is really good and location is great. Many good restaurants are nearby, as much as a Hannaford, a McDonald, a Miniputt and a gas station.

I have only a few small complaints : my room was a bit smelly (humidity?), I had to pay an extra 15$/nt for each child (why?) and the television was way too small (14"?).

Room Tip: There is a refrigerator and a microwave in the room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
USAINN, Owner at USA Inn, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Thank you for your comments.
When guests reserve a room they are made aware of the $15/pp charge for a 3rd and 4th person. These charges are normal in this area. The time to object is when you make your reservation, not in a public forum after you have agreed to accept the conditions. Guests at every hotel have a choice to accept or reject the terms when they reserve. If the terms are not acceptable, they should stay at a different property.
The televisions are 20", not 14".
Chicopee
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed in the king rooms in the new building - nice very clean motel near beach for a good price.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ChicopeeJoe
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Reviewed 15 August 2011

OK, we did our homework on this Inn before booking. So many things were positive we could not resist. The room was very clean. We were in the new building. We stayed for 3nights last week. We met the owner and I believe his wonderful wife, when we arrived. He had a since of humor and a wonderful smile. Makes you feel welcomed to his Inn. I need to sleep with an extra pillow and I asked the housekeeping lady for one and I had it by the time we came back to the room that afternoon. The other guests were so friendly. They have an area where I was able to get a load of wash done for only 1.00 and 1.25 to dry.
The Inn is centered on Route1 around everything you could need. We ventured out and it was easy to get back to the hotel.
My husband likes a firm bed almost hard however, I like just a firm to soft and the bed was perfect in firmness.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple