“Can't get enough of the Belle of Maine!!!!”
Review of Belle of Maine

Belle of Maine
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Wells
Williamsport, PA
“Can't get enough of the Belle of Maine!!!!”
Reviewed 8 January 2008

We've stayed with the Skeats family in their little resort 4 times and can't get enough!

The resort is centrally located to everything you could ever want. If it's not in walking distance, the trolley will take you just about anywhere.

The cottages are quaint and homey. Each one has it's own unique personality. A lot of new (some much larger) units have been built, replacing some of the older ones, (I prefer these- so cozy!) but all are well maintained, clean and well stocked with linens, and kitchenware. We love the decor! If there is something you need in the kitchen, and it's not there, ask and they will give it to you! Incredibly warm, accomodating people!

We love being able to cook some of our meals- saves a lot of money for other fun things! It's so convenient to have a fullsize kitchen! We like the units that have screened porches best, but they all have an outdoor table for picnicing!

The grounds are clean, nicely landscaped. There are gas grills throughout the grounds so there are always enough for everyone to cook without waiting. Lobster cookers are supplied if you desire.

We love the pool and the hottub! So clean and welcoming after a long day of sightseeing.

Linen service is prompt. Everything runs like a well oiled machine.

The Skeats family has always made us feel so welcome, and have gone above and beyond any special need we may have. They have never complained about any accomodation we might request.

Communication before our stay was wonderful. Jim and Mina are such nice people. (It's been fun watching their family grow up from year to year!) We wouldn't dream of ever staying at any other resort. Wells is a wonderful community with a lot of great history, but it wouldn't be the same to us without Belle of Maine!

This is a clean, well maintained resort with friendly staff and excellant service. The rates are great! It's a place where you are made to feel at home as soon as you arrive, and a place you hate to leave when it's time to go home.

There is only one complaint/ suggestion I have concerning the Belle of Maine and it's not something that the Skeats have control of: At times, the Mosquitos are voracious!! Take your bug spray!!

• Liked — The warm, friendly service we always receive
  • Disliked — Nothing!!
  • Stayed August 2004, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wilton, Ny
Reviewed 26 June 2007

Before children we always drove by and this place looked so welcoming with the little white cottages, I got a book of the area - and they were the first inside ad. The pictures looked so inviting! Well one of our trips we drove up asked if they had a room available - they did and we loved it. I loved having a cottage with a separate dining area and bedroom. Small of course but such a practical layout I think its perfect and want to bring the little place home with me. I think the floral printed sheets vs. hospital white created an extra homey feel as well. Having a well equipped kitchen was a nice feature so I got to cook haddock and lobster at the cottage creating even a more homey feel. We only had 1night - and look forward to getting a bigger one next time. We really were sad to leave. We told My inlaws and they have gone there more than us staying a week at a time. They are hooked as well and reserve a year in advance and yo know in laws - they are hard to please! Some cottages weren't as nice as others so make sure you check on that. They may have renovated all of them by now (this was 4 yrs back) but make sure you request one they remodeled in case you get the left over little one that had the really cramped small toilet area (Inlaws got it) kind of funny but not comfortable as the hot water piping to the shower will burn your arm and you can't wipe. (Or so I am told)

Stayed June 2004
2 Thank chocolatmorgan
Attleboro, MA
Reviewed 3 October 2006

I stayed at the Belle of Maine cottages the last week of July, We loved it there and will stay again if there is any available cottages. From what I understand people who rent the cottages for a week come back every year and it isn't always easy to get one. The pool is nice always people in it and there is also a small jacuzzi. It is right across the street from Mikes Clamshack which happens to be my favorite restaurant in Wells.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank mainejunkie
Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 October 2005

I stayed in one of their 1 BR cottages. Small,simple,
pine panelled cottage w/a full kitchen. The cottage was oh, so clean & well-maintained. I was very comfortable. The bed was comfortable. The kitchen could have had more cooking pots and counter space but each cottage has a different layout from what I read in their website. Mine was more like a 2 room studio w/a separate kitchen area. I thought it would, at best, accommodate 1-2pple yet it was designated as able to fit 3. Though it rained during my entire stay I saw the potential of the cute front porch w/its comfy chairs & round table, you can get a view of the sunrise in the morning and the Rachel Carson Wildlife Reserve marshland over yonder. The rate was outstanding-as it was off season I was able to get a daily rate (during high season the cottages are rented on a weekly basis only). This is a family-owned enterprise and the office staff were really nice folks. The cottages are rather close together and the property area is relatively small but the well-maintained grounds & the scenic and quiet location, off a main road but sloping down towards the marshlands, made up for the "tight space". I will definitely return here again. This place might just have edged out Village By The Sea in my list of favorite places to stay in Wells.

9 Thank Voudre