All reviews screened in porch nice pool the main house beds were comfortable place to stay hot water free coffee plan to return location is great nice stay stayed longer three nights flat screen tv great weekend fire pit short drive wells beach
Reviewed 25 September 2015

We spent three days in Wells in Cabin 3. The cabin was nice but really needs some upgrades.

Bedroom: This cabin has one bedroom with two beds. The beds are fantastic and so soft. I slept real well for once while out of town. I took the covers off the mattress and it was spotless, sheets were clean and plenty of pillows on each bed. There was only one soft blanket folded up in the room. Two would have been nice but I did not ask for another as it was still warm out. Each bed had a bedspread on it. Two very aged dressers were in the room that was badly in need of paint. The rug in the bedroom was very clean but aged. There was an air conditioner in the bedroom that cooled the whole cabin.

Bathroom: The bathroom had been updated with a new shower surround which was spotless. Shower liner was dated. The water is HOT but you need to let it run 5-8 minutes to get it hot. Did not mind as when it was hot it was wonderful. Just a little inconvenience. Once we knew we let it run and did other things before a shower. Towels are provided for two and if you want more or clean ones you can ask for them and they will provide you with fresh ones. No counter in the bathroom, one plain clean pedestal sink. There is no maid service for the cottages.

Living room/Dining area: Living room/dining room area had a love seat that was dated but clean and VERY comfortable. There was on small swivel/rocking chair that was also dated but comfortable. Living room had a newer flat screen TV on a stand. Our Wi-Fi was EXCELLENT, no problems. The dining room table was just a plain round table with four chairs, effective but not elegant.

Kitchen: In the kitchen there was a stove/oven which the oven very badly needed cleaning. I would not use it. The stove was clean and all burners worked. The refrigerator was working wonderful with a nice size freezer. There is one tiny counter that you can put the dish drainer on but no prep room for food. There was no microwave as stated. I guess you could ask for one if you need one. The kitchen had basic pots and pans, bowls two or three coffee mugs, three or four glasses, and dishes and silverware for four. Electric toaster and coffeemaker were on the tiny counter. Kitchen towels were provided but were very dated and shabby. Dish soap was provided.

Other: The curtains throughout were very outdated and not very welcoming. Windows in the living room and bed room have shades, kitchen did not. The décor could really use updating, new curtains, new paint and new accents. The porch is unusable. The two chairs on the back porch were upholstered, were really gross and filthy dirty. The screens on the porch were ripped. The deck in the front is just a little landing that you can put your chair on but it did not have sides on it so beware. Our cabin had a front screen door but the screen had tears in it, the front door had peeling paint. There was a gas grill outside which we used as well as a wooden picnic table. The grass was in need of mowing. We walked down to the pool and it looked nice, there was also a lovely sitting area with a fire pit and picnic table in that area also.

Overall it is clean, has mostly everything you may need, and the owners are terrific. Would we stay there again or recommend it….

Read on.
When we were leaving we saw neighbors in Cabin 2 who invited us in. If you stay here be sure to pay a little extra and take Cabin 2. It is lovely with a nice beach decor. I believe it is the same size as Cabin 3 but the bedroom is divided into two bedrooms with a wall down the middle for extra privacy if you have children. The living room area has an open A frame ceiling which is wooden. It has updated décor on the walls and update paint. I did not see the kitchen nor did I really notice the furniture. I can see how nice Cabin 3 could be once it is done over.

Location: This location is on the main highway however with the air conditioner/fan blower on we did not hear any traffic at night. During the day it is a little hard to get out or back at rush time but the location is wonderful to go anywhere you need to go. You can walk to the grocery store, Rite Aid and other small places.

Office: The office has an ice machine, coffee and tea daily if you do not want to make it. The owners are on the premise and are very helpful to tell you where to go to eat or sight see. Something you do not get with other places you might stay.

Price: If you are looking to stay somewhere while you are in town, a place to lay your heard and not a five star place then you will do fine. You will save yourself a lot of money, the kiddos can still swim and you will be able to save money on going out to eat.

I would give it two stars in Cottage 3 because of comfort and three stars in Cottage 2. I can see it getting higher but only if updates are made to it. As I said it is CLEAN and the beds are comfortable, my rating reflects on Cottage 3 being out dated.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for Cabin 2. For motel take rooms in the back of the property.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank massm
Reviewed 3 September 2015

We came to Maine to surprise my in-laws who spend their summers in Goose Rocks Beach. We were looking for a relaxing place at a decent place ... and found it! This family owned oasis is a great place, located about 20 minutes from either Kennebunkport or Perkins Cove. Our room was a perfect size, it was clean and it came furnished with a small refrigerator and microwave. The owners were very nice, available and ready, willing and able to respond to and meet our needs. We were only there for three nights and didn't take advantage of the pleasant looking area where you can find a fire pit, picnic area and nice sized pool. I strongly recommend Coast Village if you are planning to spend any time in the area.

If there was a negative to our stay there, it would be that we couldn't connect to the internet and the tv didn't have a hdmi connection (so we could connect our computer to the tv to use our Netflix account). But, I mentioned it to the owner and he checked the internet connection and was more than willing to come to our room to try to fix it. But really, there were so many channels on the tv, we didn't need it, we weren't in the room for much more than to sleep, and it was nice to get off of the internet for a few days.

Almost forgot. For those of you who like "antiquing", the Wells area is renown for that and this hotel has easy access to all of it.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Clean room, concerned and welcomg owners, nice touches in the room, lots of little ways in which the owners personalize their services. Very nice to have owners who are involved in their venture on-site! Not much to say about a down side- Water pressure in shower was great; plenty of hot water......Just a short bit off the main drag but that can be a benefit (or not) just depends on one;s view. Good value for fair price,

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Overall we had a good experience at this motel. The folks who run it are super nice. The pool area outside was refreshing and very clean. The motel needs updating pretty bad. Old bathrooms and stair cases. Carpet on the floors of the outside halls had holes in it. Tiny and not enough bathroom towels. The inner walls are very thin. We could easily hear our neighbors. Several cottages in front are in need of major repair. Beds were comfortable with reasonable linens. Little refrigerator and microwave was handy in the room. If you are looking for a one or two night stay it is alright. A family operated motel is what you should expect.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2015

This was the cleanest motel I have ever stayed in! The owner was very nice and welcoming. We stayed in one of the king bed rooms and it was large enough to bring in all our luggage and there was a microwave/fridge, which was awesome for keeping leftovers and beer! We didn't use the pool area, but it was beautiful and if I had more time I definitely would have spent some time back there. The location was convenient, but the road is very busy so getting in and out was a bit trying. I felt the location/room were a great value during peak summer days. Overall, it was cute, clean, convenient, and friendly. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: clean, accessible, friendly
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple