We had a wonderful time at Lafayette's. There were 6 in our party, 2 high schoolers, 2 middle schoolers, hubby and I. The room was clean and met our needs, the indoor heated pool was excellent as was the jacuzzi. The decor of the main building, which is where we stayed, reminds me of the 70's but that to doesn't matter. The staff is great, very friendly and they work hard to ensure their guests have a great stay. Everything was very clean! Beds and pillows were comfortable too - rooms had a fridge, microwave and hairdryer. They also provided towels for use at the pool.
Our room was on the first floor, and there was a patio that overlooked a small parking lot between the building and the beach. We watched the sunrise two mornings and were pretty much the only ones out there.
The location is great - it's definitely at the beach - we walked on the beach a number of times. Local restaurants are plentiful. My husband and our 16 year old son both wished we had been able to stay longer - it was a great trip!
We will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort is directly on Wells Beach, one of the largest sandy beaches in Maine. We have a complex of nine different buildings, five of which sit right on the beach. Many of our rooms have private balconies with panoramic views of the ocean. We are open year round so you do not need to miss any season. Although summer is certainly the most popular season in Maine, the beauty of this coastal area is enchanting throughout the year. Wells Beach is fun for families. Walk from your room onto the sand to swim, build sand castles, stroll in the surf looking for shells and rocks or just relax and enjoy the feel of the sun on your face while you enjoy the view. The indoor pool and the hot tub with a waterfall are very relaxing after a hot day in the sun. The playground and the arcade will entertain the children after the beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lafayette`s Oceanfront Hotel Wells
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Hotel
- Lafayettes Oceanfront Wells