Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$185
FindHotel
Agoda.com$185
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews murphy bed walking distance donuts get away angela property ocean dishwasher beaches
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2021

My wife and I stayed at the Garrison in August 2021. We had stayed twice before and thought it was a good value. That is until this year. Due to COVID, there is no daily room service. You leave your trash and dirty towels outside the door and they are replaced. The cost without the daily room cleaning is the same as if it were full service. My two room suite had a queen bed that was more the size of a double......not enough room for two adults in my opinion. The other bed option was a Murphy bed. the mattress truly was like laying on cardboard. The pillows are extremely thin and you need two to just keep your head level while lying down......and they too are stiff like cardboard. Our bathroom mirror frame looks like it has never been cleaned. I do not recall such uncomfortable sleeping when I was last here 5 years ago, Never again for us................

Date of stay: August 2021
Justin Gagnon, General Manager at The Garrison, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2021

Mr. and Mrs. Quinn,
Thanks for your review.
We spoke to you a couple times during your stay to say hello and to chat and you never brought any of this up.
That seems odd.
You last stayed at the hotel in 2013. To assume you would be spending the same on a hotel room in 2021 that you did in 2013 would be incorrect.
Just like the price of meat, lumber, etc the prices of hotel stays have gone up. We base our prices on what we assume is our competitor hotels in the area.
I believe the only hotels doing full housekeeping service during covid are the full scale chain hotels. Both the Holiday Inn Express and the Hampton Inn in Wells offer this service. They are approximately $100/night more than us. If that is worth full housekeeping to you I certainly suggest you give them a try but based on your complaints about our price I don't think you will.
The queen bed in your room is a queen bed. It is not "more the size of a double." There is no confusion there.
The murphy bed in your room is primarily made for children. I am sorry you found it uncomfortable.
We apologize for the rust mark on the mirror frame in your bathroom. We could have replaced the mirror for you during your stay but again we never had a chance to rectify anything with you as you’ve only chosen to speak to us through a review.
Finally we have recovered your marijuana pipe you used to smoke in your guest room. We have charged you a smoking fee for this. Feel free to call us to discuss.
Best wishes.

Reviewed 1 July 2021

We've been staying at the Garrison for 10 years now, which says a lot about this property. There are multiple room choice options, and it's perfect for families or couples looking to get away. The view is the cherry on top, along with the pool.

If you're looking for a clean, comfortable location with quick access to shops, restaurants and the beach, this is the place.

Justin and Angela are great hosts, and they take great care in their property. That goes a long way with me.

I highly recommend the Garrison, and I've been vacationing in this area for 30+ years and have stayed at several locations.

Book your stay and enjoy!

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 13 April 2021

Justin is a wonderful host and very welcoming. You can tell he takes pride in the property. The view from the pool is wonderful for being off of RT 1. Great location tro awesome restaurants and beaches! Would recommend to friends and family!

Date of stay: April 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2020

Pictures don't always tell everything. In this case, they did. I arrived with my husband and was greated very pleasantly. The gentleman checking us in was very nice. We went to our suite, and were amazed. It's like a mini apartment. Very clean, with good house keeping considering everything now. Right off the main road, (quiet) and the ocean in view. We will be back

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 24 September 2019

We had actually made a reservation at another nearby motel but found the suite to be AWFUL and were left somewhat "stranded". The desk clerk at this motel [ Ellen ] saved our vacation..!
What a beautiful room. Clean, well appointed and, with a lovely view of the marsh and ocean. The owner was up every morning at the crack of dawn inspecting the premises and making sure everything was 100%.. Justin, the owner, is fastidious and makes sure all of his guests have a great stay.
We had room 212 on the second floor and, every morning I sat out on the porch and enjoyed a stunning view with my coffee. The room had a pull down Murphy bed, sofa and loveseat, a kitchen with a full sized fridge, a stove, utensils, pots and pans and a microwave. Plus it is very quiet and peaceful. Gas grilles to cook outside if you so choose.
This was my first stay here but certainly NOT my last. I would HIGHLY recommend..!

Room tip: private cabins are also available
Date of stay: September 2019