Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$146
View deal
Expedia.com$146
Hotels.com$146
BestWestern.com$146
Travelocity$146
Priceline$146
Trip.com$146
All reviews best westerns mini fridge colby college attached restaurant voucher maine bw interstate bedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 June 2022 via mobile

Last time we went to Maine, we stayed at the Best Western in Augusta, but this time we tried Waterville which is about 20 miles further north. Both motels seems to be about the same: same prices, same reviews. And I agree. This place had a restaurant (Irish pub) attached that we never went to. There didn’t seem to be other patrons either that evening. In the morning there were lots of folks around. Not sure if they were going to the pub or not. Room was nice, roomy, clean, etc. Water pressure a bit iffy, plenty of hot water. Mattress fine, as were the towels. No breakfast served, but they issued vouchers for the pub, but we wanted to get going. My only ‘complaint’ is that when I went in to register, there was a sign on the door that stated (in other words, though) if you are sick, stay away or wear a mask. I put on a mask even though I felt fine, but the young woman behind the counter was obviously quite sick (sneezing, coughing, thick voice) and was not wearing a mask. I asked her if she was okay and got a half assed glare. It could have been hay fever, but she should have had on a mask for our comfort. She also really needed to wash her hair. The young man at checkout seemed healthy. Much bigger than it looked from the entry. We were put in a handicapped room; didn’t ask for it so it was probably the last available. Everything fine, except no counter on sink and those annoying ‘roll in’ showers. Normally I would think, yeah, shower for two, but they just leak water under the curtain and all over the place so you end up with a dam made of towels to keep the water to one side.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Front Desk, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2022

Thank you for your comments, and will share them with our staff. We appreciate the high mark on your review and hope you will give us another try when you come to Maine again!
Front Desk

Reviewed 29 May 2022

We stated at this Best Western for our grandson's college graduation. The motel was fine but expensive, i assume because it was a very busy weekend. The location in Waterville was fine near shopping, downtown area and Colby College.

Date of stay: May 2022
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 3 May 2022

I found a caring and courteous Staff, a clean and well-appointed Room, attention to my special-needs request (room assignment to accommodate my disabilities), and a surprisingly courtesy Full Breakfast. I felt exceptionally Valued as a Customer, which enhanced my visit and Stay at Best Western Plue. I will recommend others experience the same.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 24 April 2022

My wife and I were very pleased with our stay last night here. The staff was great and the room was very clean. Everything in the room worked fine and it was very quiet. It exceeded our expectations in every way. Thanks for a nice stay

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2022 via mobile

This is a large hotel with only one suite ( according to the hotel clerk. Only one elevator with long hallways…grubby carpeting. The rooms are decent but this hotel is quite tired and could certainly use some updating. The staff were friendly. The breakfast was serviced at O’Briens which is next to the lobby.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Front Desk, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2022

The new hallway carpet is here and will be installed soon. Hope that will help to improve your stay next time!
Thank you for the critique.