“The best value for a hotel at this price point”

Hampton Inn Waterville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Waterville
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Although this area is a little off the beaten path, this Hampton Inn makes driving the extra miles worth it. Town has many amenities and the employees at this location may be the friendliest and most helpful in the state. With sparkling clean rooms and a budget friendly price I don't think you can do better than this.

• Stayed: October 2011
HamptonInn2001, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Waterville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Thank you very much for your review of the Waterville Hampton Inn and our staff. I am so happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. We are proud to have the staff we have and we have been fortunate that our staff has been with us for some time. The front desk employees have been here at least 6 or more years and know the Waterville area and our guests very well. I cannot thank you enough for your fabulous review of our hotel and I hope to see you on your return visit.
Best Regards,
Nikki Desjardins - Director of Sales

Reviewed 13 September 2011

As far as we could see this is the best hotel in the area. I'm not sure why it is rated number 2. This is a very nice Hampton Inn, the entire hotel is very clean and new looking. We had a very comfortable king bed, sofa with a fold out bed (did not use) and a very large bathroom with plenty of towels. The pool area and the pool were nice and warm. We were a little surprised not to see a hot tub, but the warm clean pool made up for it. Staff was friendly and helpful, no issues there. If we are ever in this area again we will stay here. I would say the only con would be the cost. We paid $160 which seamed high for this area for a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
HamptonInn2001, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Waterville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Hello Sir/Madam
Thank you for your review of the Waterville Hampton Inn. We appreciate your feedback as it is very important to us as we strive to be the best hotel in and around Waterville. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for your business. We will be undergoing a big renovation of the hotel in the upcoming months, unfortunetly we will not be adding a hot tub, but the pool will still be clean and warm. The next time you are in Waterville, I look forward to you staying with us again.
Again thank you so much for your comments,
Nikki Desjardins- Director of Sales

Reviewed 13 September 2011

We booked a week out, a one night stay at this hotel. We booked directly through the reservation centre for Hampton Inns and paid up front. Rate was $165.00 plus $40.80 in Tax Recovery and Service Fees. The hotel itself was typical, clean, pleasant, met the standard Hampton Inn level. The following morning, a paper bill was under our door. I noticed the rate was $151.70, with $10.62 in sales tax. There were no Recovery charges and Service fees. I challenged my $205.80 USD credit card charges at the Front Desk before leaving. They said that I needed to call the reservation centre, which I did later. The front desk clerk indicated that their records showed that the reservation was a prepay through Expedia. I was pretty sure I had reserved directly but sadly didn't have a print out of the confirmation. In fact, the paper bill slipped under my door was for the same room, but for a different reservation, despite the same name and same room number. When I called the Hampton Inn reservation centre for an explanation, not so much on the room rate, but on the tax and service charges on my bill but which were not reflected in this paper bill, the agent, Bob, was not able to explain this. My conclusion is that I paid an extra $30.00 for the services rendered by the in house hotel reservation system which clearly does not apply when booking through Expedia or an equivalent.
Moral of the story, beware of Tax Recovery & Service Charges... .which mean very little, except just more money in the company's pocket. Unless someone can give me a good explanation, I effectively paid $30.00 more that night on my room rate than I should have.
Of course, I have no recourse. I did agree to the amount and didn't question the additional fees over and above the room rate, thinking that the Hilton Group is fair and equitable, but now I question this assumption since clearly not everyone has to pay this additional Tax Recovery and Service Fee. I repeat, beware of Tax Recovery & Service Charges... they were the equivalent of an increase in the room rate for an equivalent room, same night, of 20%

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
16  Thank Kathryn B

Hello Madam,
I want to thank you for comments and I have read your review carefully and looked at your hotel reservation. After looking into this, I discovered that your reservation was made through Expedia a third party vendor. I do apologize for the confusion with third party merchants, it is very confusing. At the hotel, we do not have any additional tax recovery or any service charges. These charges are from Expedia. Expedia gets discounted rates through the hotels and I am unsure what additional charges occur through booking with them. Again, I sincerely apologize for the confusion this caused and I am hopeful that you will stay with us on your next return visit to Waterville.
Nicole Desjardins- Director of Sales

Reviewed 6 September 2011

This was our Second stay at Hampton Inn. King room was quiet, spacious, comfortable and clean. Front desk staff friendly and effecient with check on.

• Stayed: August 2011

Hello Sir/Madam,
Thank you for you positive review of the Waterville Hampton Inn. I appreciate the feedback as your comments assist us in being the best hotel. Your comments mean a lot to us and are taken very seriously. I thank you for taking time to write a review about us and your business.
I look ofrwadr to seeing you on your next stay. Thank you again.
Nikki

Reviewed 4 September 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night in August, 2011. It was a very nice, clean hotel. The room was very comfortable and larger than I had anticipated (a very pleasant surprise).

We were flying home the next day so I needed to be able to check in for the flight and print boarding passes if possible. The small business center was in the basement level and had two PCs and a printer. The PC that was connected to the printer (for the purpose of printing boarding passes) did not seem to be working. I stopped one of the cleaning staff who happened to be walking by and before I knew it I had a maintenance staff person and, eventually, the manager down there assisting. It just took a "re-boot" (which I suspected but did not want to do without their permission). I was able to check in and print boarding passes with no problem. I really appreciated the assistance provided by their friendly staff.

The hot breakfast provided in the morning was good and they had a good selection for every taste. The location was also good for entering/exiting I-95 quickly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
HamptonInn2001, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Waterville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

Thank you very much for your positive review of the Waterville Hampton Inn. I appreciate you taking time to write a review of our hotel. It means a lot to us to have feedback from our guests, so we can continue to improve ourselves and exceed guest’s expectations. I am happy to hear the computer issue was resolved quickly by our staff and that you enjoyed the breakfast. Thank you for being a guest of the Waterville Hampton Inn and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.
Thank you again for taking time to compliment us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
3.6 km away
27.7 km away
Senator Inn & Spa
Senator Inn & Spa
#5 of 9 in Augusta

Been to Hampton Inn Waterville? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK