“Great dining option in Waterville”

Cancun Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 93 Restaurants in Waterville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We've been to Cancun Restaurant many times but this is the first time taking advantage of patio dining. It was as it should be, very casual and relaxing. It faces a side street so there is very little traffic noise. While our server was very pleasant, she didn't check on us as often as she might were we seated indoors.
Every meal starts with really fresh complimentary chips and salsa. I always order the fried beef chimichanga that is consistently good. The Burrito Super California is very tasty, too. Anyone liking Mexican food should be able to find his favorite on the menu.
The restaurant has undergone an appealing renovation with a larger bar that is no longer separate from the dining room.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The menu is pretty standard for Mexican cuisine but prices are low and portions reasonable. It was a very pleasant afternoon so we chose to eat outside. Very pleasant and the outdoor live music from Silver Street Tavern was a plus. Huge margaritas. Service was adequate. Sopapillas were enormous. They've remodeled the inside and there's a very nice modern bar area.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Second time I have eaten here on business travel from Queens, NY. This food can easily compete with any of the REAL Authentic Mexican food I can get in Queens.
Got there just before Happy Hour ended so was still able to get one round... :)
Once I found a Spanish speaking server I sat and got my huge basket of chips and salsa. Salsa had some spice but could use some more cilantro.
My carnita plate was perfect, the meat nice and moist not overcooked, once I made my typical modifications... no rice, CORN tortillas(only gringos eat flour ones) added pico de galo and sour cream.
The owner made the rounds checking on all the tables...when he got to mine was all nervous about all the photos I had taken. Once I told him in Spanish why, he settled down.
Only downside was appetizers... they have wings but its 10 as a minimum which is just too much for a single person. Sometimes I can convince the place to give me half an order but not here. Owner very arrogantly insisted I order 10. So I skipped the wings all together... his loss on revenue... some businesses just do not get it.
Overall nice dining experience and I look forward to eating here again on my next trip.

1  Thank jjpumaty
Reviewed 28 May 2017

Went to listen to The Shack, and have dinner. Service was fast and very pleasant. There was 4 for dinner and we all had something different. Meals came fast and drinks were good.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We were in town and decided to go visit Cancun. We were greeted by Hector, the owner, and seated right away. The restaurant had had some updating and was still in process. The food, as always, was authentic and delicious. I always prefer the El Combo! because you get agreat assortment of food at a great price! The menu is quite extensive, there should be something for everyone. The service is always personal.