“It Has Everything!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It Has Everything!”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I've been meaning to go to Morse's since we moved to Maine 4.5 years ago. I can't believe it took me this long. This place is awesome! It's got everything you could possibly want or need to have a super deluxe gourmet meal: cured meats, interesting cheeses, olives, dips, spreads, candies, pastries, and so much more (and they provide samples of almost everything). Most of the goods are imported, as far as I could tell. It's rare to have so many great choices of specialty foods in this particular part of Maine. We bought horseradish, kielbasa, sauerkraut, nougat, and a chocolate marzipan bar. The service was excellent, although it was really busy so we did have to wait to be helped at the deli counter.

We waited about 30 minutes to be seated for lunch but the cool thing is they took our order while we were waiting so by the time they sat us they brought out our food immediately. We both had pastrami rueben's which were fantastic! They have crocks on the table that are filled with their homemade pickles and you can eat as many as you like. They also had 4 choices of mustards and two kinds of paprika. The food is all very German and I can't wait to go back and try other options.

All told, I would call this place a "do not miss!" It's a great place for picking out things for a picnic, or a lovely gift basket, or fun candies for stockings. Have fun!

Visited September 2011
2 Thank widewrld
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Bridgton Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“great kraut for generations”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I was born and brought up in Waldoboro in a German family. I'm not sure a lot of these folks have ever had REAL kraut. It is the best on earth, we love it. It is crispy unless cooked (DUH). When you buy it in PA. in a jar it is slimy to say the least.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Ricky6270
Farmington, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful, secret place...”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Well, we just happened upon this place after an acquaintance mentioned "a good German deli" down the road. We stopped, expecting to get a deli sandwich to go - but found an empty table in the small restaurant attached to the store, with dark, high backed booths. The menu was reasonably priced and the selections were not overwhelming in number. Service was prompt and friendly and the food (toasted ham with aged Gruyere sub - type sandwich)
was delicious.
This was a wonderful find on our drive from Augusta to Rockland, and glad we turned onto the Waldoboro road to eat here.

Visited July 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Loved the food! Worth the drive!”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We had heard about this place and made a special effort to drive out. It was worth it. My friend had the goulash and loved it and I had the pork chop and sauerkraut with sausage. I have not really eaten a lot of German food, this place made a convert out of me!

1 Thank okbyila
Amherst, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“To Die For...”
Reviewed 13 April 2010

my favorite's:
1) 8-year old cheddar cheese (with crystals inside that go pop when you chew it)
2) Picate salami (hot and good)
3) Sauerkraut - (the best)
4) pepperoni sticks (addicting)
5) brauts
6) pretzels
7) cherry danishes (light and flakey - be careful - way too easy to eat)
8) Coffee, French or Italian-roast (excellent and pretty cheap)

3 Thank Hurricane_ikee