US$ 87
Acadia Sunrise Motel(Trenton)(Great Value!)
US$ 140
US$ 119
Open Hearth Inn(Trenton)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
Sunnyside Motel & Cottages(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$ 173
Eden Village Motel and Cottages(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$ 181
Belle Isle Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
Hotels.com
Best Western Acadia Park Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$ 288
US$ 245
Robbins Motel(Bar Harbor)
US$ 74
Agoda.com
Leona's Motel(Trenton)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbudget roomthe main roadthe ownerbar harborroom was cleanplace to sleeplobster poundcottage numberacadia national parkhot waterfits the billroad noisefire pitperfect placemobility issuestiny showerwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We were delayed getting there and arrived after the office closed and could not see the whole property. The individual cottages looked nice. We stayed in the motel units. The staff was great and left us a key and instructions in their after hour box. The showers and and accommodations were great and clean. The only small glitch was the heater/AC. A little noisy, but after I figured out the unit, it was fine.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
isleviewcottages, General Manager at Isleview Motel and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for your review. We are glad the motel room was clean and comfortable. The a/c units in these rooms are rather unique!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I stayed in one of the cottages. It was small but well formed. Everything was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I heard some noise from the road but it did not keep me awake and I slept well.

When I stayed (end August 2017) there were road works between the cottage and Acadia National Park. I didn't get delayed very much by these on the way to the park but I followed the diversion signs coming back and that seemed to take a while. Once the road works are finished I would see the extra journey time to the park a very reasonable trade off for the price of this accommodation versus staying in, say, Bar Harbor.

There were a couple of places to eat very close by but nowhere to buy any groceries so I suggest bringing some supplies (which I failed to do).

I was a bit cold in the morning and couldn't work out if there was heating. I left before 7am though and the sign on the Office said it opened at 8am so I couldn't ask.

I thought it was good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
isleviewcottages, General Manager at Isleview Motel and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

We are very pleased that you found the cottage very clean and the bed comfortable. It is listed as the #1 and #2 things that are most important to our guests and we try hard to deliver on that. There is heat in all the cottages, this time of the year it is a struggle needing air conditioning during the day and then it gets chilly at night. We do have a small IGA grocery store 1/2 mile down the street for small grocery items. There is current construction on the island on the way to the park (thankfully not in front of Isleview) which is improving the roads and creating bike lanes. Thank you for staying with us and for the review.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We would not recommend this place, mainly due to the location. It is located circa 25 minutes from Acadia National Park and next to the main road. So if you are a light sleeper; you can hear the road very well (also during the night very busy).

Secondly, if you come with many luggage (we are in a 3 weeks holiday), the cottage is just too small. Lastly, we stayed two nights. The second morning, we discovered that the housekeeper (they only change towels and garbage, they do not make the bed) threw away our box with coffee (supplies) and energy bars. We left early so couldn't say anything to the person behind the welcome desk. This gave us a extra feeling to not come back at this place!

For the same price you can find a better stay at a better location!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bastiaan V
isleviewcottages, General Manager at Isleview Motel and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

I am sorry you were unhappy with your stay. You stated it was mainly due to location and obviously guests have the ability to book anywhere, but we can't move! Our prices are lower because we are not located on the island. Acadia National park is 8.5 miles from our driveway to the entrance and should not take 25 minutes. Our cottages are small and are described and shown on the website, so yes if you are coming with a lot of luggage and feel the need to unload all of it, it will be cramped inside. As to our outstanding housekeeping staff who are praised repeatedly in all the other reviews you see on TripAdvisor for the clean rooms, please note several things: they do make beds, however they will not do it if you leave personal items left laying on top of it; they are extremely wary of throwing anything away that isn't expressly left by the trash can, they have left boxes in cabins for days that guests were trying to get rid of but they err on the side of caution. I did ask them if they could recall your issue and they said you asked them about it, but they did not recall throwing away a box and they always look inside before they do. This also means you could have brought this incident to the front desk before you left but chose not to. Your very last statement I will highly object to. This is where Isleview shines. We are a budget property listed in the good category of TripAdvisor. You CANNOT find a cottage for the same price in the bar harbor area with a good rating...you can definitely find worse and you can definitely find pricier.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Great location while visiting Bar Harbor and Acadia. Room was clean and king size bed was very comfortable. It seemed like it was new. Bathroom was ok, could use some updating. Overall, it was very charming. Only negative, is you can hear some road noise. Could be a problem for light sleepers.

Stayed: August 2017
isleviewcottages, General Manager at Isleview Motel and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you so much for your review, we are always happy to hear that our guests are comfortable and found the room clean...our #1 and #2 goals!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

My husband and I stayed in one of the budget rooms for 3 nights. It was perfect for what we needed, a place to sleep and a shower. Parking was convenient and at no charge. The hotel was very close to bar harbor. They had a restaurant guide which we found very helpful to decide on where to eat for breakfast. The cleaning staff did a great job straightening up the room and the owner was also very kind. We really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely request a budget room again on our next trip. The price was very very resonable.

Room Tip: Budget rooms are perfect for couples who are just needing a place to sleep after exploring the park.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
isleviewcottages, General Manager at Isleview Motel and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

We appreciate your review and will definitely pass on the kudos to our housekeeping staff! We hope to see you back!