All reviews great value room was clean bar harbor fire pit price range queen room family room picnic tables the owner coffee maker basketball court small refrigerator family run family friendly place great for kids save money kitchen area
Reviewed 4 March 2018

For the price, we thought it was a pretty good deal. My wife and I had a double ground floor room and our adult daughter had a single ground floor room. Rooms were clean. The only thing I saw in the room that needed attention was the vent cover on the bathroom exhaust fan. No big deal. Beds were comfortable, pillows were showing their age but usable. Ground floor rooms were very convenient as you can park right in front of your door making luggage in and out easy. Very strong no smoking policy. Not only can you not smoke in the rooms (and I am OK with that) but they have signs up saying you cannot smoke outside within 25 feet of the room windows or room door. I enjoy a daily cigar and thought the 25 foot requirement was overkill, especially when the door was shut and the window aircon was off. Whatever. I enjoyed my cigar in a lawn chair outside, just beside the room door. The world didn't end.
Hotel is located beside a busy road. The road noise didn't bother us but you need to be careful when pulling out onto the road. Hotel is very convenient to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park as well as lots of lobster places. Their cancellation policy is fairly tough and needs to be considered thoroughly before reserving. Overall, we were happy with the place and would stay there again so long as prices don't escalate.

2  Thank dansum
Reviewed 4 November 2017

We just stayed a night on our way to Acadia National Park. The reception closes at 9 pm) so make sure you arrive before that. The room is extremely small and not much amenities in the toilet. The parking is right at the room so convenient to unload luggage. It is right on the road so it will be noisy in the morning when the traffic starts to build up. However, the rate is reasonable.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank klgirl
Katherine B, Owner at Acadia Sunrise Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. The room you stayed in was an Economy Queen room which is small with only one queen size bed and is meant for one or two people looking for an economical place to stay near Acadia National Park. We have larger rooms with two beds and even rooms with kitchens if you are looking for more room or planning a long stay. We do arranged for guests arriving after 9pm to get their key so you don't need to arrive before then, you just need to call us and let us know. We hope your next visit is more than one night.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

My friend and I stayed here one night before visiting Acadia park to save money on the higher rates on the island. Our room was clean and comfortable and the kitchen allowed us to make a simple dinner after a long day of driving. This would be a perfect spot for anyone wanting to explore the park and MDI, especially hikers and budget-conscious travelers, who want to avoid crowds and higher costs.

Hi Connie,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad you enjoyed your room and were able to take advantage of the use of the kitchen even though your stay was short. I hope you will consider visiting Acadia National Park and downeast Maine another time and stay with us again.
Katherine

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Long weekend visiting Acadia. Sunrise motel was a perfect base. We got a family room with kitchenette and dining table. Clean, quite, nice garden. The owner was very kind to guide us selecting what to visit. Simple and familiar, recommended!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Francesca,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad you were able to enjoy a few days with us and that you enjoyed our suggestions during your visit. We hope you visit again one day,
Katherine

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Fantastic location just outside Acadia NP. They were very flexible with our requirements and a pleasure to deal with. I would definitely stay here again if am visiting Acadia NP. The rooms are well equipped . Excellent value

• Trip type: Travelled with friends