“Wonderful Getaway!!”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Morrisville, Vermont
“Wonderful Getaway!!”
Reviewed 16 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Gull's Ledge. The home is beautifully furnished, well-appointed and conveniently located.

There are amazing views of the harbor from practically every room. Each morning we awoke to a spectacular sunrise.

My absolute favorite spot has to be the patio. The pond and landscaping invite you to relax, unwind and enjoy the scenery.

When we weren't kayaking and exploring the nearby islands, we were walking to town and enjoying Stonington's shops and restaurants. We splurged one night and enjoyed a lovely meal at Arogosta.

All in all, we had a wonderful time at Gull's Ledge and would highly recommend it if you are visiting Stonington.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Alwxa
“Gorgeous Home, Negative Experience”
Reviewed 6 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

First of all, this home is as advertised. The location at the end of a street and next to a lobster distributor was ideal for us. Although you can hear the noise from the business in the am, the house sits up and away enough that it's not a nuisance. The house is modern, large, and the grounds are well-cared for. There is an outdoor sitting area that we enjoyed tremendously. The house was VERY clean. Some minor issues with the house itself were a leak in one of the bathtubs (which was reported but never fixed, making that bathroom obsolete) and a lack of privacy on the first floor bedroom (no curtains whatsoever and it was located next to the porch facing the front). This is an ideal home for a large family.

My poor experience is derived from the lack of consideration shown to us by the home's new owner. During our stay, we experienced a parade of maintenance and service people that showed up, unannounced and unexpected, during the entire duration of our two week stay. For starters, on day 2, pest control folks showed up to meet with the owner's friend to discuss en estimate for pest control services. We were not told of this by the management company nor the owner, but we didn't think much of it because we were going to be out for the day. We were assured that nothing would be sprayed, so we left. Upon our return, we found that Pesticides were indeed sprayed. I HAD AN INFANT AND TWO DOGS STAYING WITH ME! I came back at the end of the day to find signs telling me to stay off the sprayed areas! Shortly after, we had a gardener come by on two separate occasions- again- unannounced and unexpected- to do yard work in the very yard where my guests and I intended to congregate! Furthermore, the gardner became irritated when I asked how long she would be there My guests and I had to ask her to move her truck at least 3 times because we could not get in and out of our own driveway! Same for the people who arrived ON DIFFERENT DAY to clean the meditation pond.

We are reasonable people who rent several properties each year, and we do understand that maintenance is sometimes required at times when the property is rented. However, in all the time I've been visiting Stonington, it is absolutely unbelievable to have had this many interruptions with, I repeat, NO NOTICE. Zero heads up from anyone! When I complained to the rental company it became clear they were unaware that this work was happening. Unfortunately, speaking to the rental company did not stop any of the interruptions while we were there. I find it disrespectful & poor business to be this inconsiderate of renters. Especially when they are gladly shelling out over $2500 a week during peek season. To date, we have not received a personal phone call or an email from the owner, who refused to provide us with any type of compensation for the interruption of our vacation. But frankly, I would have been happy with an apology. I must add that the management company- Downeast Rentals- did everything they could to address these issues, and thus I will continue to rent from them, although I do not believe I will be choosing this lovely property again - and that's a loss to all of us.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing