We stayed at Harbor Ridge over Thanksgiving through a timeshare Exchange with Interval. We stayed in unit 46. It was a 2 bedroom 2 and a half bath similar to a townhouse condo. It was 3 levels with a master bedroom on the 3rd floor with king bed, living area with full kitchen and and pull out sofa bed on the entre level. The lower level had another bedroom with 2 twin beds and full bath. It had a Mnt view and partial Harbor view.
The facilities were clean and well maintained. There is no daily maid service and a midweek clean is provided for $50 if you want it. The unit has items such as a vac and washer dryer so you can do it yourself for free. This is done to keep the owner maintenance fees down.
They have a Mon informational continental breakfast, and a Wed. wine and cheese social that are free. There is a workout room, DVD rentals, game room, indoor pool and hot tub, play scape, horseshoe pit, tennis court, and charcoal barbecues on site.
The resort is located a short ride or 30 min walk from the center of town. It is a 20 min drive to Bar Harbor and 30 Min to Ellsworth. If you want to buy groceries get them in Ellsworth on the way to the island. It is 10-15 min form Arcadia National Park. The views are incredible and since it was off season we were able to take them in slowly as we drove through the loop rode barely seeing anyone. An hour away past Winter Harbor is another part of Arcadia with additional views. Well worth the ride. We lucked out and Cadillac Mnt road open our last full day there and were able to ride to the summit.
We dined at Geddy's, The Tan Turtle, Gayln's for Thanksgiving, All were good and with fair pricing. Tan Turtle had good prices on lobster meals. For breakfast and once for lunch we tried a new diner. Brandon's and Laura's Cafe which is newly opened. It was good for the pricing and was busy with locals. Service varied depending on which waitress you had.
We had a great stay and Harbor ridge is a good spot to come home to after a day of taking in the sights. It's spacious rooms and 3 levels can provide privacy for visiting families from each other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harbor Ridge is a 40-unit vacation ownership luxury condominium in Southwest Harbor, Maine. Most of our units are two-bedroom, sleep 6 townhouses that span three stories. There are also three one-bedroom, sleep four townhouses that span three stories. Each three-story, two-bedroom townhouse has a fully equipped kitchen, 2 1/2 baths, washer, dryer, and a cozy living room with TV and DVD/VCR. Each story has a private balcony with most of our buildings having an ocean view from the top floor. The resort also has a one-story handicap accessible unit (Unit 51) that has two bedrooms, one bath, a kitchen, and a living room with a balcony. Our clubhouse has an indoor heated pool, hot tub, fitness center, game room, and on-site DVD/VHS video rentals. We have a playground, an outdoor tennis court, horseshoe pits, and charcoal barbecue picnic areas. The resort is affiliated with the exchange company Interval International. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Harbor Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Ridge Hotel Southwest Harbor
- Harbor Ridge Southwest Harbor, Maine