All reviews sitting area large room bagels the breakfast area two double beds indoor pool would definitely stay here again an early flight desk clerk we've stayed one night stay close to the airport room was clean and comfortable kitchenette mall shopping portland
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Good locale and great staff. Shuttle only has 2 mile radius fyi. Breakfast typical but very solid. Rooms very open and spacy and comfortable. Renovations as of July 18 make it a bit awkward to get around for ice/food/etc but worth it and will come back!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank CoachK2525
Kevin P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites South Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear CoachK2525,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. Our renovation is coming to a close and will be wrapped up in just a few weeks. We do appreciate you staying and understanding the renovation and I am glad to see you enjoyed the updated room. I/m happpy to see you will stay with us again. We will see you soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2018

So this is the second summer that we've stayed at this HIE, and I am surprised that more people haven't had the same experiences we've had. Since last year they have started what looks like a major renovation. This time the lobby was completely covered up, check in was at a folding table, so if you can't stand that go somewhere else. The breakfast area was already renovated and offered the standard start to your day that you'll get at any HIE.
The room was freshly renovated and smelled and looked great. I enjoy the layout, plenty of space, separate area to chill, with a couch and table and desk, then you move into the kitchen area, then a bedroom area and bath area. More then enough space for two people. Bed was comfortable, a couple choices of pillows for you. A/C looked great, still had to adjust on unit as new thermostat wasn't operational.
Location is close to the airport for a morning flight, close to the mall if you're a shopoholic, and close enough to downtown (free parking here) that it doesn't really matter.
You may hear the highway from the rooms, you may hear the planes taking off and landing at the airport, so if either bother you just ask for a low floor facing away from the noise. Bring it up upon arrival, not after your stay when nothing can be done. I work at an airport and love planes so I enjoyed facing it.
I was happy to see the new construction, but this was never one of HIE oldest properties, some others need help before this one, but can't complain. All around it delivered exactly what they promise you, and what you expect from this style and class of hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Azgators,

Thank you for such a wonderful review!

We do greatly appreciate your understanding of us going through the renovation. We want to improve the facility to better serve the guests and this renovation will really allow us to do that. I am glad you really enjoyed the new rooms. All of the new fixtures make it very modern looking while the layout of the room really does allow for many guests int he room. We do have a couple different views like you mentioned and we try to accommodate everyone to the best of our ability.

I thank you for coming back and staying again and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

So disappointed as it was under serious construction BUT Tom Friday night and Melissa Saturday morning could not have been more accommodating!
Tom suggested a fantastic place to have dinner as hotel had NOTHING and Melissa had manager to adjust our bill due to construction and no dining available.
Want to reward these two for above and beyond service!!!
btw.... our room was beautiful!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Kevin P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites South Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear Kathy K,

I am so glad to see that two specific members of our front desk team really made your stay. Tom and Melissa are both amazing at what they do and I am happy you were able to experience that. As a Holiday Inn Express we are unable to have a full service restaurant, however we do have the complimentary hot breakfast every morning from 6:30 am - 9:30 am. I did speak with Melissa regarding the bill and we made it right. We hope you can stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Easy access to Cape Elizabeth and downtown. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Hotel was under renovation but our remodeled room was nice and the desk staff was welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was what you would expect for a free continental but was plentiful.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Kevin P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites South Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Cori F,

Thank you for the feedback and I am happy to see you had an enjoyable time staying with us. We are absolutely in a prime location to many different and fun activities. We love how the rooms came out and it makes it even better when we hear that from our guests. I am glad our front desk was helpful and we hope you can come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

The entire lobby area was being renovated. My room had just been renovated and was clean with a pleasing, modern decor. Bed was comfortable, breakfast was OK, it did the job. I would recommend this hotel, especially after renovations are complete.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Kevin P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites South Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear joeunsworth1106,

I am glad to see you enjoyed the newly remodeled room! We are all extremely happy how they came out. The modern fixtures and bright colors do make walking into the room warm and inviting. I am also glad to see you enjoyed the bed. The mattresses are Simmons Beauty Rest and our guests love them. Our renovations should be complete in just about one month. I hope you can come back after they are complete to see the new lobby area!