“Good Neighborhood restaurant”

Bridgeway Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 158 Restaurants in South Portland
Reviewed 23 March 2015

Stopped by here for a late lunch during the weekend and were the only ones in the restaurant. It seemed slightly dated but clean and welcoming. The food was your basic family restaurant fare with a fairly good-sized menu. The food well prepared and the portions were just right. Certainly not a destination restaurant but if you're in the area and hungry its worth stopping into.

3  Thank nlh16

Reviewed 21 November 2014

This is an old great place to go for a casual evening and a reasonable priced home cooked style meal!!! We go once a wk and know we can count on a nice evening! This is a jewel in disguise!

1  Thank StanP10
Reviewed 3 November 2014

I just started working in South Portland, and I am blessed to have the Bridgeway Restaurant right across the street. Great menu and great prices. Thanks! Amybeth Hurst

Reviewed 10 September 2014 via mobile

Haddock was "hard", perhaps previously frozen? Pastrami was greasy! Wait service (Jesse) is excellent. Food prep leaves much to be desired.

Usually food is better and more carefully prepared.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend thought we'd try something different for lunch. I'll be straight to the point and say this is the worst restaurant I have ever been to in Maine. We walked in and we sat up at the bar and the place is very quiet but with 3 other people. One person working on the front end.
I found the service we got was SOOO disappointing that even Gordon Ramsey would throw a fit. Also the food quality just seems to be cheap and pathetic as well. Small portions to value was expensive. Taken such a long time to have the meals come out and the meal was just so boring. The waiter/bartender didn't check up how the meals were and she was too busy talking about her personal life to the regulars while eating at the bar. Not something I want to hear you have thyroid issues etc.
Also when we completed the meals she seen us finished but didn't take the plates away. Just doing her own thing talking to other customers. So over all I have waited to check out over 15 minutes while she's having ideal chat with regulars to check out. I was close to snapping to say I would like to leave. I will never recommend this place to anyone.

2  Thank Peter A