All reviews room was clean would stay here again maine mall the breakfast area continental breakfast waffles front desk staff an early morning flight check in was quick cookies stayed one night staff was friendly convenient location king room great place to stay restaurants and shopping first floor
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Close to the airport. 6 mins away. My family and I stayed here the other night before our flight. The beds were comfy and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again. Also enjoyed their lemon water.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Greg S, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for staying with us in beautiful South Portland Maine. We are very grateful for the positive feedback!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

I have stayed here many times., A number of times I drove up from New Jersey and arrived after 1am.
the staff was always nice. They have a convenient computer in the lobby for your use.. The rooms are basic but comfortable. The price is right and if you stiop at any of the rest areas on Rt. 95 you can get a hotel coupon book and save up to 20 dollars. They are close to the Jet port but you don;t get jet noise and they have a shuttle that takes you there. You can also park you car at the hotel for a fee if you are leaving for a few days. A better than average breakfast in the am with hot eggs bacon, bagels coffee and fruit which you can grab for the road! There are a # of fast food places close by

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor would be a bit more quiet, but all are ok
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Greg S, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Check in for our two night stay was quick by a very pleasant woman. When we got to our room we had trouble getting in. After sliding the key card, the light on the lock would turn green, but the door wouldn’t open. Kept trying it and finally put my shoulder into the door and it opened with a loud noise. When we closed it, it made another loud noise.
A couple of other things we noticed was that the water pressure to the tub was great, but I would describe the shower flow as a bit more like a heavy mist. I know hotels want to conserve water, but I think this was the most restrictive I’ve seen.
The drains in both the tub and the sink were slow. There was some mold on the
grout in the tub/shower area. The bathroom vent had lint on it.
The bed was comfortable. The location was close to the airport with very easy access.
Breakfast was decent, but could benefit from more options for whole grain food than just Raisin Bran.
The hotel rooms did seem pretty noisy compared to to other hotels we’ve stayed at.
I did inform the morning person about the drains and the lock problem. He seemed kind of disinterested, but did make a note. I didn’t see an improvement in either problem on the second night, indicating that nobody looked at either.
Again, the afternoon/evening management people were very nice and accommodating. The morning person not as much, but maybe it was just a personality difference.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
bethdc2017, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Greetings,

Thank you for sharing such details about your recent overnight visit. We always appreciate feedback as it shows us what we are doing well, and what we can do to improve. We have resolved the room problems for our next guest. Thank you for your positive remarks on location, and front desk staff.

We hope you enjoyed our lovely State of Maine and may return to visit.

Beth Damian

Reviewed 24 September 2018

This hotel is VERY close to the airport, its one plus. I arrived to the hotel just after midnight after my flight landed late on a Saturday night. I was told there was no parking and I could not park near the other buildings as my car would be towed. The person who checked me in told me I was lucky he decided to stay as the overnight person called in sick and there would be no one at the desk overnight. I was awoken at 6 AM by the breakfast person breaking down boxes. I finally got out of bed and got some coffee at 7 AM. The breakfast room was packed, no wonder the breakfast person was breaking down boxes in a hallway. This hotel needs new management as obviously their employees need better training, there needs to be better planning and they need more staff. The icing on the cake was the front desk called me at 9 AM to ask if I had left yet. When I told them I would be out by the 11 AM check out time, he asked I could be out sooner.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor if you would like to sleep uninterrupted.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Greetings,

Thank you for sharing comments on your recent experience. I'm very sorry to learn it was such a poor one. I'm also wondering if you got the correct hotel as we have not had any of the issues you've spoken of happen. Please give me a call so we can clear this up. Thank you so much.

Beth Damian

Reviewed 20 September 2018

We explored the Portland area for three days, a friend was with with me who had never been there before. This was a good centrally located place to stay at a good price. Breakfast was perfect for us, we only eat cereal and fruit. I did see eggs and pancakes. Room was clean, comfortable.

Stayed: September 2018
GregS4123, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you for staying with us in beautiful South Portland Maine! We are grateful for your feedback.