All reviews oysters comfortable beds walking distance only stayed one night scarborough area king room top floor wonderful stay lobster roll convenient location beachy surfers wedding emily noise bathtub sleeping
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I stayed at the Higgins Beach Inn with my father as an early Father’s Day present. We stayed the same day that the Old Port Festival was occurring. We also wanted to explore some of the bars in Portland as we’ve never explored there before. After telling Ashley (their guest services manager) of this not only did she recommend a cab for us she also gave us advice on how to save money on the fare. As for the rest of the staff Emily, Jess, Ashley, Emma, and Phil were also all amazing. We could tell that they not only cared about their guests, but also enjoyed their jobs. I believe it was Jess who was our breakfast server, and she did a great making sure we had everything we needed. After staying at this gorgeous property, I cannot give it anything less than five stars!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Alex_Henthorn
Paul R, Front Office Manager at Higgins Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for your kind words, we're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us at our renovated inn, and hope your dad had a wonderful Father's Day! Our staff is the fabric that holds our business together, and I'm delighted to hear that they helped enhance your experience, we strive for nothing short of spectacular hospitality! We hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,
Paul

Reviewed 14 June 2017

This beautiful establishment exceeded our expectations in every way (and we had some pretty high expectations)!
From the amenities, facilities and deeply caring staff to the stones throw distance to a spectacular beech... we couldn't have asked for more!
In fact, we were so enamored by the charm and elegance of this guest-friendly inn that we wound up extending our stay another night... and then another night... and then one more! And now we are booking a room for next year as I believe that if we wait everything will be long gone by summers end.

Room Tip: Every room has unique and memorable charm of its own!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrEmpowerful
Management response:Responded 10 August 2017

Mr. Empowerful,

We so loved having you at our Inn this spring. You were our staff favorite as so many of our staff were so excited to see that you were extending your stay. We were still so young of an Inn when you were staying with us so we truly appreciate your kind words. Please let us know if we can assist you with your reservations for next year.

We are so looking forward to having you back with us.

Sidonie Rodman

Reviewed 12 June 2017

My wife and I recently had our wedding at the Higgins Beach Inn. When we arranged everything, the inn had just been bought by the Migis Hotel Group and they told us that they were completely renovating the inn and we’d be the first people to stay and have our wedding in the new and improved HBI. With the massive renovations, we were slightly skeptical but it’s my wife’s favorite place in the world and it wasn’t going to cost us an arm and a leg so we booked it. It was also a destination wedding so it wasn’t easy to peek in and get updates on how everything was progressing. Every step of the way, whether it was the menu designing, my very picky signature cocktail ingredients, decorations…it didn’t matter what random question we had (and there were many), they were incredibly quick to respond via email or phone call and were always reassuring. There were definite bumps in the road with the reservation system being brand new but they were great in handling any problem that arose.

They hosted a tasting for us at one of their other amazing locations as the HBI was in no way ready to have people there. The Chef walked us through everything we ate and had no problems at all with any of our changes. I think it was that day when we finally got to meet some of the people involved in helping us plan the wedding that we really started to feel comfortable with how the wedding would play out.

Wedding weekend arrived and with all of the excitement, I still felt a little bit like a guinea pig. The fact that it was an established hotel group in charge of all of the changes definitely helped but knowing just about everything and everyone was going to be new was a little troubling. The rooms were still being worked on the day before the wedding and needless to say I was really nervous. However, once guests started to arrive, it was smooth sailing and by the day of the wedding, you couldn’t even tell that this was the first 24 hours they had been open.

My wife and I both had best case scenarios for how our wedding day would play out and the folks at HBI far made sure those scenarios were not only matched but exceeded. The inn looked gorgeous, the food was outstanding, the drinks perfectly crafted…it was perfection. We weren’t spending a ton of money on this wedding but it didn’t seem to matter at all, the staff bent over backwards and left my wife and I feeling like we were having a $100,000 wedding.

Everything came together far better than my wife and I could’ve expected. We’ve heard our guests say that it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had. They were raving about the gorgeous rooms at the inn. Mostly, it was the staff that made our wedding day perfect.

Our wedding was smaller, about 55 people, but I think they should be able to easily accommodate more. If you’re looking for a venue to host your wedding, the Higgins Beach Inn is fantastic.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are brand new. If you stayed at the previous inn, you'll be amazed what they did to them.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank aegreenie
Management response:Responded 10 August 2017

Dear Adam and Jillian,

It was such a huge pleasure and gift to have your wedding as our opening event at our Inn. We were thrilled to have such a lovely couple and wedding party to fill our Inn for the first time. It felt amazing to have a full house for the first time and host such a lovely group for such a special day. Thank you very much for these great compliments. Our staff was so excited, as new as they were, to get to work through service with a wedding party. We thank you very much for these kind words.
As we said when you left as husband and wife, you will always be our first and you will always be family here. We were so happy to have the opportunity to make your special day so special.

We hope you are truly enjoying your summer and expect you to cook back soon.

Bests,