My family has been going to the Black Point Inn for ages each summer. This Thanksgiving we stayed at the inn for two nights and loved it in the fall as much as we did in the summer. It is my favorite destination in Maine because of three main reasons:
(a) The kind and friendly staff (Jen is a true gem)
(b) The increible sea views
(c) The charm of an old New England inn
Sure, the rooms are a bit dated. Sure, the food is a bit too fancy at times. But the fire is always going and the sea breezes are always flowing.
Get me back to the Black Point!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1878 and surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean on three sides, with 18 holes of links golf, hiking and running trails (including an Oceanside Cliff Walk past the studio of renowned Prouts Neck painter Winslow Homer), literally miles of sandy beaches, tennis, a swimming pool and beach club, Black Point Inn is legendary for its location, guest facilities, and unpretentious downeast hospitality. Prepare to be captivated by the unhurried pace, gracious charm, and attentive service of Maine's most beautiful and historic oceanfront Inn and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Black Point Inn Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Point Hotel Scarborough
- Black Point Scarborough
- Black Point Inn Resort Scarborough, Maine