“Can only be described as filthy.”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Lorida, FL
“Can only be described as filthy.”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

When we first arrived we were placed in a room that looked fine, but then found out it was not a smoking room which I had booked. We were moved to another room that can only be described as nasty. There were urine stains on the sides of mattress apparently from a dog and on the floor around the bed. There were blood stains and huge tears in the chairs. The toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the last occupants left. There was no silverware except for a spatula in the drawer, and the toaster was crusty with filth. The phone was disgusting and I had to use my cell phone to call the front desk. I do not believe there was a piece of carpet in the room that wasn't stained so we didn't dare remove our shoes. We were scheduled to stay for 5 nights but we checked out after only one night and it would have been sooner if I hadn't been dealing with making the funeral arrangements for my Mother, which is why we were in Maine. We took pictures of the disgusting room and I had planned to fight to get my money back, but with everything else going on, I decided to just let it go and to never come back to this hotel or suggest it to anyone I know.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a nice place...it's worth it.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Billy H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fredericton
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We booked the hotel through expedia as it was the only hotel available in the area. The hotel itself looks nice from the outside. Check in was okay but not professional or efficient. We got to the room which again was okay. Then my wife sat on the bed and I saw the expression change in her face. WORSE BED I HAVE EVER SLEPT ON. It was like a board with a sheet over it. We contacted the front desk and they said that they were sold out of other rooms and besides, all the beds are the same.

We slept maybe 15 minutes at a time. Neither one of us could be comfrontable. We had a 8am flight and actually checked out at 5am since sleep wasn't coming. We went to the airport and slept on the seats there which were much more comfrontable.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ruffman

Travellers are raving about these Scarborough hotels

Reviewed 31 July 2011

Was checked in by a non-professional rap-star-wanna-be. KID must have been 19, AT BEST. Room was disgustingly filthy... Nasty stains on carpet, such that I wouldn't trust walking in the room with bare feet. Bathroom vent was so loud and clearly in need of repair, toilet hadn't been cleaned prior to us using the room. Thank God I travel with Lysol Wipes. I would not recommend this place to ANYONE... Friend or foe!!!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Donnamichelle326
Syndey
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I booked this hotel/motel thru priceline & paid $50 a nite. We stayed for two nights. The previous reviews I had read made me a little a nervous but I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The grounds were in immaculate shape. The hotel itself & our room was very clean. There were three of us & we needed two beds. The room I booked thru priceline had only one bed but they accomodated us by changing our room for the same price to a room with two double beds. The staff were great! The hotel was close to shopping which was the main purpose of out trip.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Bellingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I would never stay here again! My husband was horrified when we first walked in and angry at this choice to begin a short weekend, get-a-way trip. After complaining about the filth of the first room, we were given a second room. This was equally dirty; clogged tub, stained matress, dirty refrigerator, dirty carpets, questionable sheets. The best part was that I did not see any bugs. Stay away!!!.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank catholic1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
0.4 km away
3.3 km away
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#7 of 13 in South Portland

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK