“Exceptional Customer Service ”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #15 of 96 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Our first visit to the Roadhouse. We were seated immediately and a very tasty bread with cinnamon butter accompanied it. Nice combo. Our server also brought us three samples of their side dishes (mashed potatoes, green beans w/bacon and sautéed onions and mushrooms. I thought that was cool to do that. We both ordered house salads. The ingredients were cold, fresh and delicious, as we're our dressings. My wife ordered the chicken fried chicken w/gravy and mashed potatoes. She loved it. I ordered the 10oz. ribeye/baby back ribs combo. Upon ordering, our server informed me if I upgraded from a 10 ounce to a 16 ounce ribeye I would also receive a free order of shrimp. The cost of upgrading was minimal. I took it and all three items along with the mashed potatoes I ordered were fantastic. The steak was perfectly cooked. Up to this point we were treated quite well. However it was when we received the bill when their customer service really spoke volumes. I mistook our Hostess for our server and gave her my credit card with the bill. She opened it up and notice the bill was wrong and that we were charged for the shrimp. She immediately took the check and corrected it. I would never have noticed. In all the bill came to $50 not including tip. For all the food we received as well as our beverages that's very good value. We were very pleased with how we were treated and how well they prepare the food as well as the quality of the food. They will be well recommended by us and we will be back without question.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Wife and I went in for dinner. Beverages and Salad were usual quality and value. Both meals were over cooked. Sent back for 2nd try, marginally better but still over cooked.

While waiting for a table, I noticed the cook dump garlic powder on a 23 ounce porterhouse to the point you could no longer see the red of the meat. Further the grill was in serious need of a cleaning; but chatter about the waitresses seemed a higher priority than the food he was hired to cook.

Manager (claimed owner) came over was rather indifferent to the whole meal issue and less concerned about the cook. This was a significant departure from previous visits; but so much so, we wont be back for a long time.

1  Thank MaineCracker
Reviewed 4 January 2017

It's not a quiet meal, the music and singing and everything can be quite loud. Do not enter if you have any sort of peanut allergy! There are peanut shells all over the floor as part of their "look" and it's what makes them different. The bread and cinnamon butter is amazing! I haven't been since I became vegetarian, so I'm unsure what the menu would have for me now as it's mostly bbq I think.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Arrived at 4:30. The place was quiet. Met my grandson and had a wonderful meal. The waitress was very attentive and had a great personality. Overall, very pleased with our visit.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

We're normally big fans of Texas Roadhouse, but this one was having an off night. In all fairness, it was the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, so that may explain some of it. Everything was just okay. We were seated quickly enough, and our server was perfectly polite and pleasant. The food was very mediocre. My husband ordered a chicken entree, and I ordered country fried steak. They were both just okay. My steak was a bit colder than I would have expected. My baked potato was good. We may try it again when we're in Maine another time, but we just weren't very impressed this time.

Side note - the one thing we absolutely hate about Texas Roadhouse is the script that they rattle off in a robotic fashion every time you visit. Yes, we know about the bread. Yes, we know about the hand-cut steaks. Yes, we know about the fall-off-the-bone ribs. Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, stop asking us that. (Something for Corporate to consider, I suppose.)

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK