“Enjoyed our stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scarborough
Bayley's Camping Resort
Mansfield, Massachusetts
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I rented a trailer for 5 days with my family with children that are 5,13,18. I thought the place was very nice and clean there are tons of things to do there with your children if you do not have kids I would not go there. My kids had so much fun and use there shuttles to the beach because parking is expensive. Also go to Splash town/Funtown it was so much fun!
The beach is beautiful also have a great trip:)

Room Tip: Look at the Map to see where you would like to be before you book the w's looks good and the f...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank aloco16
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Shirley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here a week and we loved it. We found the staff pleasant. Everything was kept very clean and updated. The trolly to the beach and OOB was great. We loeved outr site. I also liked the fact there were like individual bathrooms, with a sink in them and they were always clean. Will defintely go back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jldanforth
Boston, Ma
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I was very skeptical at first when booking at Bayley’s since I don’t often venture out of my camping comfort zone. However I was pleasantly surprised. I found camping here quite enjoyable and relaxing.

First the pros:
1)My tent site was absolutely fantastic. (I would tell you specifically which site I had, but I’m afraid everyone will book it and next time I go back it won’t be available). It was large, well kept, and shady. Also though the campground is definitely gigantic and busy I didn’t feel like my neighbors were on top of me.
2)The trolly all in all is a plus though it got a little busy on the weekend. Taking the trolly saves you from paying parking at Old Orchard Beach and Pine Point Beach.
3)Having two beaches so close (within a few minutes driving) is perhaps my biggest draw to this campground. I personally spent my time at Pine Point Beach. It was small, clean, family orientated and the waves were decent during high tide.
4)The camp store had big selection of items which were reasonably priced.
5)Checking in and out was relatively easy and you don’t need to have a key to get into the campground.
6)There were lots of good restaurants, ice cream stands, and stores close by. Nestling Duck gift shop is awesome and The ClamBake restaurant was even better.
7)Laundromat was clean and had lots of washers and dryers available.
8)Overall the staff was nice. In previous reviews I have read of Bayley’s people complained of the staff micromanaging, but I did not find that to be true in my case.
9)The playground was really great for kids.

Some of the cons:
1)Pools in front were very crowded, and I did not observe a lot of parental supervision of children in the pool, which was concerning since there are no lifeguards on duty at the pool ever. Back pool was less crowded but would be a considerable walking distance for some.
2)They have good kid activities. I think they need to incorporate more adult activities and family activities.
3)Bathrooms got a little “dicey” during the weekend. I think maybe they should clean them more often especially on busier days such as the weekend.
4)There were more gravel sites then grass sites, and tent camping on gravel would not be fun.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for shady site as some were full sun.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank KRock422
Lancaster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We went to Bayley's for our sons 11th birthday. Our site was great tree lined in the V section. Loved this section we had no one behind us and close to the Gaelan Pond for the kids to fish. We would not want to be in any other section because they are so congested and the big rig area is in an open field no trees. Many activities for the kids and Old Orchard Beach were right down the road. We had problems getting our trailer in the site due to the length but a staff member was happy to help us out. He even checked back with us to make sure we were all set with setting up camp and the next day to see if we needed anything. They offer many activities there for the kids; some free others at a cost. The overall price is rather steep for a family of 6 to stay there. Site price includes 2 people so we had to pay an additional $20 for our kids per night. Most campgrounds include at least 2 children in the site price.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MilCrew
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Bayley's is a great campground..huge with over 700 sites. Lots of activites for the kids.
However it was very crowded. The staff, including the owner was not very friendly at all...just all bussiness.
The Shuttle to OOB was great, location was perfect.
The campground is overpriced we have stayed in many campgrounds this one charges for your children 5.00 per child...a little overrated I think..Camping equals family, not being charged becasue you are bringing your family.

Overall a beautiful campground...needs a small adjustment with price and customer service!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank camperfam155032
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
4.5 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
#11 of 13 in Scarborough
5.4 km away
Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground
Wild Acres RV Resort and Campgro...
#4 of 21 in Old Orchard Beach

Been to Bayley's Camping Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK