All reviews infinity pool enclosed porch penobscot bay coffee and tea nautical theme beautiful room adirondack chairs stayed nights main road king bed small beach sun room longer stay walked down minute drive definitely stay here again sitting area
Reviewed 6 September 2018

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in August. This is definitely one of the best places I have ever stayed. Great view, comfortable bed, super clean, tastefully decorated.... nothing but good things to say about this place. I am super picky about places I stay and this place was almost as good as home. This is a great place to stay and you won't be disappointed!
P.S. - we had a room with a balcony - super nice touch!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony - super nice with chairs, table & ceiling fan not to mention the gorgeous view
Reviewed 29 August 2018

My friend and I booked 2 rooms last winter online for our trip in late August. We asked for two rooms with a view of the Penobscot Bay and were not disappointed. Rooms 104 and 105 had their own lobby and entrances. We each had our own balcony with beautiful water view. The rooms were comfortable and each had the personal art picks by the owner, appropriate to the area. I had an issue with the bathroom drain, was told it happens about this time of year, but it was snaked and cleared. My friend's refrigerator had a freezing issue and the owner promptly replaced with a new one. There are mowed walkways down to the beach and a heated pool. We were lucky with the weather. temps in the 70;s during the day, having sliding door open cooled the room enough so we did not need to turn on the AC unit, hence the room was quiet. The staff is friendly and helpful. One told us about Dorman's THE place for ice cream, made two trips there. The location of The Island View Inn is very convenient to Rockland, Rockport, Camden. We stayed one week and sailed out of Rockland, took a lobster boat in Camden to a few islands with seals, and also learned how lobstering is done, when they pulled up a trap and then re-set it. We ate lobster rolls at McClune's, Shaw's, Claws, Peter Ott's. We also did a day drive to Acadia National Park and saw everything on our list. What's great about the Island View Inn, is that after a busy day, coming back to a comfy room with a great view and balcony is the perfect place to watch the sunset and the moon rise. Getting around was easy with smartphone apps, who needs a paper map anymore?

Room Tip: We had Room 104- 105...Great rooms, but there are rooms above, and 5 AM risers were back and forth doing who knows what at that hour?
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We only were there for one night, but wish it had been more. The location just north of town was on a quiet bay and lots of land sloping down to the shore. The owners obviously take pride in the building, and also the landscape. It had more flowers than you can imagine. All rooms have king sized beds, so not tailored for kids. They also do not do large groups. It is cozy, lush, quiet, well-run and very comfortable. We enjoyed the heated pool after dark. We stayed in room 118 in the separate building overlooking the pool, and yes, the lawn and bay. While it is on the water, it's a rocky Maine beach, not the best for swimming.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for four nights and neither one of us wanted to leave. The room was beautiful and very clean. The view was gorgeous. We loved watching the fog roll in and out. The grounds were beautifully kept and the pool was heated.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We have been going to different parts of Maine for many years. This was our first time to the Rockport area. I picked this Inn based on the trip advisor reviews. The Inn is spotless and perfectly maintained in and out. The room is well equipped for relaxing and enough space to store your clothes. Bathroom is impeccable, no spots,dust or any stray dirt. The view and covered deck were wonderful. Towels and bed linen all new. On a main road but there is no noise.Very quiet.The staff and owners should be very proud of this Inn. Very convenient to all roads.What a find,we we go again next summer.