1,585 results
All reviews golf course la bella health club the general manager pebble beach hot tub time share the wait staff kids club tennis courts rockland harbor indoor and outdoor pools gift shop fitness center light house breakwater lighthouse in great shape
Reviewed 11 November 2018

I grew up in Maine so knew the Samoset's reputation as a wonderful hotel but had never stayed there. My extended family was looking for an easy and relaxing place to get-together for the weekend and the Samoset was the perfect choice.

My family had three rooms and each had an equally impressive view of Rockland Harbor. Walking out along the breakwater and using the pool were great activities for all of the kids in the group-- not always easy with ages ranging from toddler to teenager.

Worth noting, my father uses a walker, and we found everything at the hotel to be accessible, which believe it or not is actually quite rare. The staff were very helpful to us throughout the weekend.

The hotel is both self-contained and very convenient to the town of Rockland. As a result we had two excellent meals at the hotel restaurant, La Bella Vita, and at Café Miranda in town.

Finally, make sure that during your stay you get up at least one morning to enjoy the sunrise as you have a truly spectacular view.

Room tip: Corner suites have especially amazing views
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Connie R, General Manager at Samoset Resort On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Passenger65454713796,

Thank you to you and your family for being our guests! It sounds like you all had quite the Samoset experience and I'm pleased that everyone (of all ages!) enjoyed themselves. We take great pride and care in being a fully accessible property and I appreciate you noting your father's ease of access during his time here. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting many more family get-togethers in the future!

Reviewed 5 November 2018

I am a local and recently stayed overnight at the Samoset for a business function. What an amazing place to have in our backyard! I stayed in a newly renovated room and truly forgot that I was so close to home. Beautifully decorated, spacious, gorgeous view, comfortable bed . . . I recommend staying here for a quick getaway close to home, or for visitors to take in our region.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Explore17291547645

Dear Explore17291547645,

Thank you for being our neighbor and guest! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed one of our renovated guestrooms and the updated blue and white, nautical and modern aesthetic. Our full guestroom, corridor and lobby renovations will begin January 28th, 2019 and we look forward to welcoming you back to see the final product!

Reviewed 5 November 2018

We booked a night stay for our anniversary, and it was wonderful! We were upgraded to a King suite on the 4th floor with a beautiful view of the ocean and golf course, including a hot tub on the deck overlooking this gorgeous view. We dined for lunch that day while our room was being prepared and breakfast with room service the following morning. The weekend could not have been better! A huge thank you to Connie the General Manager and all of the staff we encountered during our stay! If you are looking for an Ocean resort on the coast of Maine, look no future! The Samoset is the resort of choice! Thank you again for the wonderful stay!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Road11685874283,

Thank you for spending your anniversary weekend here with us at the Samoset. It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and I hope we may welcome you back for many more anniversary celebrations to come.

Cornelius J.Russell

Reviewed 4 November 2018

Had a 1 br tineshare unit and it was spotless when I arrived. The view from the room was beautiful and I got a heck of a sunrise shot from my lanai. It was close enough to Acadia Nat'l Psrk but I stayed there 2 days. The only problem I encountered was a mix up of them not delivering my c-pap machine on time.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI

Dear lesliemichael748.

Thank you for being our guest! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed one of our 72 oceanfront condominiums. The sunrises we experience here are indeed spectacular! I'm glad you found our distance to Bar Harbor convenient for your travels as well! Thank you again and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We had a romantic weekend staying in one of the newly renovated rooms. Thanks to the manager Connie for providing the suite as an upgrade for us. There was a wedding going on and we still had Wonderful service all weekend.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear JaniceB2197,

Thank you for being our guest and sharing some feedback from your stay! I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to one of our refurbished suites. Our full guestroom renovation begins January 28th, 2019 and we are anxious and exited for everyone to experience the refreshed aesthetics. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!