“Amazing Seafood Chowder”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We were heading to an altogether different place when we changed our minds and walked in to give this place a shot and so happy we did. Food was wonderful, portions were awesome and the staff was great. We went in for a late lunch, so no crowds. Diner kind of atmosphere so would be kid-friendly. I had the seafood chowder and crab roll. I was surprised that the roll was a soft round style roll and not the usual hotdog roll, but it was piled with fresh crab. My husband had the lobster roll, again a round roll, filled with lobster. The seafood chowder was filled with seafood, no potato, no onion and it didn't need them. Most flavorful seafood chowder I have had in a very long time. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but food was excellent and right in the middle of town.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

My wife and I were looking for a simple and inexpensive place for dinner. If you want that home cooked meal atmosphere you can't do better than this place. I was getting tired of seafood so I ordered spaghetti and meatballs, and the sauce was amazing. They had a good variety of local fresh seafood as well as comfort food. My wife had the seafood chowder which was loaded with fish, no potatoes.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Down to earth and great food. Employees were friendly and easily answered questions. We had a whole lobster steamed (most reasonable price for our entire trip), fish chowder, lobster pot pie and lobster roll with blue berry pie and a whoopie pie for dessert. All of it was great! Loved how there were plenty of locals eating there as well. Hidden gem!

Reviewed 25 May 2018

After 4 days of eating at themed restaurants (all seafood, all Italian, etc), this was a delightful change! We dined on a Friday night and had no trouble finding an open table. Apparently they're known for their "all you can eat seafood" every day. My husband ordered the fried shrimp, fries and cole slaw- a HUGE heaping pile of fried shrimp, not greasy, quite tasty. I was a little tired of seafood and opted for the HUGE open face turkey sandwich, stuffing and mashed potatoes with gravy and cranberry sauce. Very delicious and filling. I would highly recommend anything there as it all looked great! Family owned.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We enjoyed having quick service and local atmosphere at the Rockland Cafe. Food was good, location was good, experience was good.