“Even better now, with the new room expansion.”
Review of Hong Kong Island

Hong Kong Island
Ranked #49 of 90 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 September 2017

While the original seating area remains, the owners have added a large dining room with décor that offers a more luxurious dining experience, making the restaurant appealing for parties, dates, and those times when diners want a more opulent ambience. Both areas have the addition of flat screen televisions, so that one need not miss their favorite game, but the sets are not on constantly. Along with the expansion comes a liquor license, and beer is available. I don't know if mixed drinks are being served as yet. Staffing might be insufficient with this expansion, but that will, no doubt, be addressed. Take-out orders remain the constant, but with the new dining room, I think more people will choose to dine in. The food is tasty, but, as always, subject to the vagaries of kitchen staff, yet is good, and reasonably priced so as to make Hong Kong Island a frequent choice.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We Loved the restaurant last year, but this year a total flop! The Won Ton soup tasted like hot water,no flavor whatsoever and the steamed dumpling tasted like a red soxs baseball and the shrimp fried rice was totally inedible. For 17.00 dollars it was a waste,it sat in our fridge for 3 days and then I threw it out.......

1  Thank George F
Reviewed 14 May 2017

This is it if you want Asian food in Rockland. It was very convenient for takeout and the food was good.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Conveniently located on Rt 1 just north of Rockland Hong Kong Island is your typical Chinese Restaurant with takeout or eat in. There are half a dozen tables in the comfortable little restaurant. Service was prompt and friendly. Prices are fair. We all enjoyed our meals, had plenty to eat and were able to take enough home for another meal.

1  Thank Etienne P
Reviewed 29 January 2017

I was down visiting my son who lives in Rockland. I told him I wanted to go for Chinese. He recommend Hong Kong Island. He said he eats there very often and they have huge portion sizes and the prices are decent. I walked in and the owner immediately greeted us and asked if we were eating in. You seat yourself and the menus are ready available for you to browse. I immediately couldn't believe the options available on the menu and the wonderful prices. While browsing the menu the owner came and asked what we would like to drink. We had water with lemon and we had a huge slice of lemon in the waters which was great. I immediately found my favorite combination. Every other Chinese restaurant I have been too doesn't have that combination. The food portions were more than adequate . We got the pu pu for two and it was rounded over. My son also got the General So's chicken which he had me try because it is his favorite. It isn't extremely spicy hot like I have had in other places. They serve a carafe of hot chinese tea for free with your meal. Another two great impressions I had from the restaurant was that the sit down area is small it was cozy and nice. When we got there about 4 it wasn't busy at all. Shortly after sitting there another regular customer walked in and we chatted with him. Another couple showed up and started chatting with us. They live in Boothbay and were looking for a nice place and it was there first time. They felt comradiere with us and said she felt like she should pull her table together with ours. They loved the food they chose to order and said they would definitely be back. I asked my son if they could have the restaurant near me when I needed it. I will definitely be back again. I used the restroom while I was there and it was spotless which doesn't happen places very often. I highly recommend this restaurant to locals and visitors.

1  Thank tam1972