“Nice, friendly, casual place with good food”
Review of Hill's Seafood Co.

Hill's Seafood Co.
Ranked #11 of 91 Restaurants in Rockland
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Simple. Delicious. Always fresh. Family owned and operated seafood restaurant in Rockland, Maine serving lunch and dinner. A moderately priced casual restaurant with a focus on providing families with simple, delicious, always fresh seafood in a fun atmosphere with great water views.
Reviewed 24 July 2018

We had made reservations for our rather large group and were seated promptly. Service started a little slow for some reason and then rebounded nicely. In the end we were happy with the service though.

I do not remember what everyone in our group ordered, but I do recall that everyone seemed largely satisfied with their meals. I had the Lobster Mac and Cheese which was great. The mac and cheese was nice and creamy and they definitely did not skimp on the lobster meat. My wife absolutely loved her "Boom Boom Baby Shrimp" appetizer.

I think the only disappointment for me was the New England Clam Chowder. To me it was thin and lacked in clam taste. It's not that it was bad, I did finish it. But it didn't live up to the standards of the other food we were served which was very, very good. I'll re-iterate that the lobster mac n' cheese was great. My wife was thrilled with her shrimp dish and the remainder of our party seemed happy with their choices as well. Perhaps the chowder was just having an off day.

There was also a reasonable beer selection including some local brews.

We ate indoors, but can confirm that there is a nice view if you want to eat on the covered patio.

We'd happily return to Hill's if we found ourselves in Rockland again.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were touring coastal Maine and stumbled upon Hill’s seafood. What a treasure find this was. The lunch was great, and the outdoor dining was such a treat with the view of the bay.
The food was wonderful. I highly recommend Hill’s seafood for anyone in or near Rockland.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Lunch on a beautiful Maine summer day, outside under the covered patio. Happy hour drinks,great view of the harbor and delicious meal. Fried haddock fillet was outstanding as was my wife’s lobster Mac and cheese. We started with the crab dip which was also great. Very nice meal and atmosphere indeed.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We were a party of 7 with one individual who doesn’t do well with loud noises. Initially we were seated indoors and it was impossible for this person to hear. I asked the person who seats folks and she was more than accommodating! Outside was quieter and a conversation could be had. The food was great, but I more value the wonderful staff!

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Very casual place in Rockland, ME with indoor and outdoor tables, right across Main St. from the harbor. Very good friend lobster tail but it's served with drawn butter which makes it very rich. Ask for honey mustard sauce and it makes the flavor much better. Very reasonable prices. Would definitely go back!

1  Thank NikonGuy