“What a huge disappointment....”
Review of Primo

Primo
Ranked #5 of 91 Restaurants in Rockland
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Italian and Mediterranean inspired menu...James Beard Award winning Chef Melissa Kelly prepares Farm to Table Cuisine in a restored farmhouse. 4 Acres of kitchen gardens, heritage pigs & chickens supply the restaurant with the freshest ingredients. Primo is both a gem to our local clientele as well as a culinary destination for food lovers in search of casually elegant dining. Supporting local and sustainable farms & businesses. Creative & seasonal cocktails, artisanal breads, handmade pastas, gelato and much more. Sundays and Thursdays come for $1 oyster night at the bar or join us for our small plates menu at our new Antipasti Counter. WE HAVE 40-50 SEATS AVAILABLE FOR GUESTS DROPPING IN WITHOUT RESERVATIONS.....THERE IS ALWAYS A PLACE !!! Private Salon on the second floor for up to 14 guests or reserve one of the original parlor rooms. Make a reservation or feel free to drop in to our lounge area.
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We have been trying to dine here for years but because of the way our conference is set up Monday is the only night we could go and they are closed. This year we decided we were going to eat here and after all the anticipation this place is average AT BEST. We ordered meatballs, a salad and a pasta with braised rib appetizers. The waitress said the meatballs were baseball size.. apparently she got her sports confused as the meatballs were about the size of a golf ball. The salad was decent but nothing special and the pasta was al dente like it put an al dente in my tooth. I ordered the steak and it was warm and not cooked correctly. i would have sent it back but the waitress was no where to be found. The other entrees ordered in our party were OK , nothing to hurry back for. The desserts were very good, we had pumpkin dish and an apple tart. The vibe and the atmosphere I really liked but the food and what you pay for it....is crazy and not in a good way.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I heard about Primo from a friend and was excited to take my group of 15 there. Unfortunately, this restaurant did not live up to the hype. A dinner for 15 took us almost 3 hours, bc our server kept disappearing. We didn't even have dessert bc we couldn't find her after waiting for her return over 15 minutes from the time she asked us to consider it. My dish was awful, it tasted like there was sand in it and she never asked why I didn't touch it or if I was unhappy. You would think from the prices, that an establishment like this would pay attention to their guests. I have to say, this is not a place that I'll revisit!! It was honestly an awful experience. The only reason for the 3 is the atmosphere and our drinks were good.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Make a reservation far in advance and definitely eat here if in the area. Fabulous food, nice reasonable wine list, great desserts. Efficient service-server too busy to really engage wth us so could be improved. I heard another table ask her what was good and she said everything so not too interested in talking. I had the tuna and husband had the pork dish-both excellent. The only thing that bothered me was that they must have contacted me at least three times to confirm the reservation. Also Rockland has a cab service that costs $6 each way which was a score from the Berry Manor Inn. Definitely eat here if in the area-highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We love the bar and don’t mind waiting for a seat if necessary. Sunday night oysters at a dollar each are delectable (wild damariscotta most recently) with champagne. After a selection of appetizers and zeppoles for dessert, we were happily sated. Primo never lets us down.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

As a reservation we booked two months in advance, we had high hopes for this farm-to-table restaurant. It did not disappoint. Started with one of the best bourbon cocktails I’ve ever had – New Old Fashioned – loved that it was made Woodford Reserve, limoncello, prosecco. Our server saw that we were torn between so many appealing starters and a couple of entrees. We wanted to taste it all but feared over ordering too much food for just two people. Wisely, she suggested that she could arrange for ½ orders on the entrees which turned out to be perfect for us. We started with Foie Gras – which was delicious – and a red lettuce salad with pistachios and shaved camembert along with Pizza al Forno (some of which came home with us and became a great late night snack!). Followed with Parsley spaghetti with scampi and lobster crepe. Finish with Zapelis and duck egg crème caramel. If in the area, plan ahead and make this a must.