“OMG!”

Ranked #7 of 91 Restaurants in Rockland
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Visited Wasses after a local recommended it. I had the Bacon Dog and my husband had the Chili Dog. First off, despite the time of year - last week of December - the place was busy. It's a walk-up so I was not expecting it to be open until I saw the full parking lot. Second, it is arguably the BEST dog I've ever had. Something about the sautéed onions and the NE-style buns harmoniously working together made this the dog all others will be measured against. I went back the next day for another just to be sure...yep, still as delicious.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Wasses has the best hot dogs. They are cooked to order ,fresh and the service is very quick. They are very popular also.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

We ordered 2 dogs with Bacon and Cheese with fries. Buns were soft, dogs hot, bacon and cheese.... yum. We did enjoy the fries the most... not greasy, hot and tasty. mmmm We will go back.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

I rarely eat hot dogs, but I LOVE a good one and consider it a treat. I saw Wasses in Rockland, read the reviews and the cravings began.

Yesterday, we decided to give Wasses a try for lunch. Every time we have driven by, it seemed busy - which seemed like a good sign.

We approached the window and a sign indicated that with everything included mustard, sautéed onions and relish. My husband was fine with that. I am NOT a relish girl so, I ordered one with the sautéed onions and mustard and one with mustard and sauerkraut. The four dogs and two cans of soda were $13.

The rolls were the white bread type that pull apart and are typically grilled on the sides. These were not grilled. The buns were super fresh, so fresh that they mashed together as you held your dog.

The hot dog was not an all beef dog and lacked flavor. If you like Nathan's, Hebrew National or Kunzler All Beef, you will be disappointed. This dog has no snap.

The toppings failed to add any texture, so you ended up with a very soft, mushy sandwich.

I know that I read lots of great reviews. What I got did not meet the expectations set by the reviews. I really wanted a great hot dog. What I got was disappointment.

Sorry Wasses, I really wanted to be wowed. I didn't even get okay.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Seriously is a really good hot dog. What makes it unique is the bun that it's served on. A split white bread. Having with grilled onions is a must. Still the best hot dog in the world is the dog at Baejarins Beztu Pylsur in Reykjavik iceland but this is right up there