“Went with my sister for a nice dinner”
Review of Eclipse

Eclipse
Ranked #21 of 91 Restaurants in Rockland
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 32
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2018

The menu had something for everyone, I, of course, went for the seafood platter, and was not unhappy. A coupe of glasses of wine and a nice view of the Lighthouse Museum and Rockland Seacoast, made for a good time.

larrylegend24, Owner at Eclipse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Yes the decor is tacky it's local seafare and it's attached to a hotel that has been around for years. There's never a crowd when I've gone. We always get the window seat to see the parking lot but glimmers of the ocean. I was looking forward to the crab cake sandwich which was not on the menu anymore. So I settled for the soup flight which was a tasting of the clam chowder, lobster bisque and french onion soup with a crab cake for the side don't pick the salad when they offer crab cakes. Clam chowder was tasty but I don't know if they make their own. Lobster bisque was like eating frosty butter could have used a little more lobster for the price I paid. The French onion was the tastiest of the three. But the crab cake with the balsamic is still my favorite. And you can probably just get the appetizer of crab cakes and be content vs the meal that comes with sweet potato fries. I could have an at least some oyster crackers or some fresh rolls which the guy offered in the beginning but never appeared. And the kids menu pricing wasn't too bad and the Mac and cheese isn't boxed.

Hope to see you when we relaunch next month!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I have eaten here many times and it is one of my favorite restaurants in the Mid-Coast area, service and food are always top-notch and believe me this restaurant will not disappoint

Reviewed 14 May 2018

The food was fine but the restaurant decor is tacky and no covering table even with a place mat....would not go back again

Hard to do anything about an old hotel. Thank you for your response.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We decided to go out on a Friday night and everything was crowded and loud and we decided to try the eclipse, the parking was great, we got a table immediately and Kim the waitress was wonderful. The atmosphere was perfect, we could hear each other and the food was great and a very large portion, all of us took some home. I am glad we have another great place to eat in our area!