“Always a favorite for lobster roll.”
Review of The Lobster Shack

The Lobster Shack
Ranked #10 of 91 Restaurants in Rockland
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 16
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: We are a downtown take out truck. We feature the freshest seafood directly from my sons lobster boat! We make everything ourselves and hand pick our lobster and crab. We have awards for our lobster sandwich and also our chowder. We also offer pulled pork and roast turkey salad for sandwiches. We do many soups and chowders always served with our own corny bread. Salads of local greens and veggies that include our own dressings. Homemade baked beans with hot dogs! Daily specials. See you soon.
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We look forward to our annual trip to Rockland and The Lobster Shack. Very generous lobster roll basket with dilly beans, chips, and cole slaw. Wish we didn't have to wait another year to visit!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Feeling hungry, saw the lobster shack, it was small with cute garden seating. But how good could it be? Well we had crab lobster rolls baked beans and pulled pork. Yum all fresh Ingredients simple but delicious. If your really adventurous you could have a fluffed nutter which all kids in Maine have had. Folks next table said yum.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

My husband and I visited Maine in July 2017! I had read about Lobster Rolls, but did not know anything about them, having grown up in Oregon.

OH MY!!

We ate lobster rolls at 4 different locations during our trip! Hands down, by far, this is the best lobster roll! Has plenty of lobster, the bread is seasoned and my mouth waters for one of them now!

If you are traveling in Maine, I highly recommend this place! I wish we could have gone back to taste other items on the menu!

They have a little (I mean little) garden area with Adirondack chairs and little side tables to enjoy your eats! I will definitely add this location to anymore Maine trips I make!

Reviewed 18 August 2017

My sister and I stopped here because it was very convenient, and we were after a lobster roll. This is a fantastic little spot, with adequate seating and fantastic food for the price. The coleslaw is great, very refreshing, and the lobster in the roll is plentiful, with just a touch of mayonnaise (but, you can order it any way you want it!). Plenty of other options on the menu, including a great-looking pulled pork. Honestly, seek out this little spot (it's a food truck, in a permanent location).

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This tucked-away oasis on Main Street is so much the real Maine lobster/crab place. It's basically a food truck, parked at the back of a shady lot with outside tables and a window where you order - but they bring your order out to your table. The owner/chef is Southern, and his wife is super local, and their blend of regional influences is evident - for example, they serve a to-die-for Low Country cornbread with their uber-Maine/authentic chowders. Their crab roll needs the fork it's served with since it's overflowing with crab. Their garden seating area is really an oasis. Love it!!